Grand Princess cabins after drydock

Stacey779

Hi everyone,

DH and I usually opt for the bigger, newer ships when we cruise. However, I'm intrigued by the Grand, especially since her drydock. I just can't seem to find any information on updates to the cabins (if any) since the drydock. Were there any changes or upgrades made in the cabins (specifically balcony cabins)? I've searched here on CC and watched the drydock videos and can't seem to find any information. Thanks in advance!

:D:):D

Hi everyone,

DH and I usually opt for the bigger, newer ships when we cruise. However, I'm intrigued by the Grand, especially since her drydock. I just can't seem to find any information on updates to the cabins (if any) since the drydock. Were there any changes or upgrades made in the cabins (specifically balcony cabins)? I've searched here on CC and watched the drydock videos and can't seem to find any information. Thanks in advance!

:D:):D

We are sailing on the Grand next April, so I am interested in this too!

I have rarely (if ever) heard of cabin changes made in drydock. Regular maintenance is done constantly in cabins (such as carpeting, mattresses, TV's, bathroom Tile, etc), and they do not usually 'update' the cabins during drydock as that time is normally used for mechanical and or public areas being repaired or changed.

No changes were made to the cabins. I was on the first cruise after drydock and the new changes they made were very nice but the cabins could really use alittle updating too. I've read that all the issues we had

on the cruise have been resolved....we had no hot water for a few days,

but no big issues for us. We loved the new International Cafe and ate there alot, great soups, chicken salad and panini. The only thing I did not like about the ship was that there is no middle staircase after floor 7. We booked a room in the middle of the ship and it made it very inconvenient. This was the only ship my DH said he didn't want to travel on again and he has never said that before. I would do the trip again tho as we both had a great time on that cruise to the British Isles.

Carol

Thanks everyone for the information. PineLakeCruiser, it was especially helpful to hear your first-hand account. We're trying to decide between Grand and Crown. Both have the same itineraries in March, so the ship is the only part we haven't made a decision on.

Hmm, my Princess rep emailed us an answer to that ?

She said new mattresses, carpet, drapes in the cabins.

Maybe some were done -- others they didn't get to finish yet? I prefer that explanation to the rep not having the correct info - I'm booked on Grand Feb 2012 :)

We were on the Grand after drydock as well. I can tell you there wasn't new carpeting in the cabins. And the mattresses were not new. The TV's were new, and were the flat screen ones. I think our bathroom had new tile in the shower.

Other issues on that cruise have been corrected as per Princess.

I trust what Princess has told me and we booked another long cruise on this ship for 2013.

We are boarding the Crown in a couple of weeks. We are looking forward to this ship as it is similar to the Ruby and we love that ship.

If you have a problem with a cabin report it. Once we were not happy with the mattress in our cabin. Reported it -- it was replaced the same day. Ships have supplies on board. They address cabin problems on an ongoing basis.

We were on the Grand in June/July...and our balcony cabins had not been refurbished. They were acceptable...but yes, they could do with an update. Did not affect our cruise...and would book the Grand again.

Hi was on the second cruise on the Grand following the refit in a vista suite. Our mattress felt new, no previous indents were noticable :p and the curtains also looked new. Our cabin was fine inside and we loved all the newly refurbished areas.

We also ventured into the Wheelhouse bar for the first time ever and loved its atmosphere. I don't know why we haven't been in there before. I don't think anything had been changed in it or needed to be during the refit.

Archived