I smell a scam...

cruiseless

I received a postcard today supposedly from Carnival announcing that I am receiving an 8 day cruise for 2 in celebration of an anniversary. Does'nt say what anniversary. It has what looks like a Carnival logo on the front and a similar logo on the back along with a generic US Airlines log. If I respond to a 1-800 number within 48 hours I will receive complimentary airfare for 2 as well.

This smells like something at the bottom of a bilge. Anyone else seeing this?

I received a postcard today supposedly from Carnival announcing that I am receiving an 8 day cruise for 2 in celebration of an anniversary. Does'nt say what anniversary. It has what looks like a Carnival logo on the front and a similar logo on the back along with a generic US Airlines log. If I respond to a 1-800 number within 48 hours I will receive complimentary airfare for 2 as well.

Yup many other posts regarding the same thing...

I got something like that, but it was a phone call....automated.....told me to go to blah blah website.....so, I did.....there was a survey thingy ....answered them....and then at the end, it said I was not qualified or something stupid.....anyway.....then the phone calls started.....after the forth call...and the forth time that I told them I was not interested.....I told the lady...'PLEASE LOSE MY NUMBER'.....to which her response was.....'Maam, do you have to be so rude?'...bahahahhahaaa.....well, apparently I do, because you keep calling!!!

My calls were under the name of Caribbean Cruise Lines......never heard of them....internet says its a scam.....

Look very closely at that postcard. IT IS NOT from Carnival. We have gotten about three of these as we are on three mailing lists that send us cruise stuff.

This is from a travel club. If you buy a membership, which will cost you more than would the cruise if you were to buy it, you will have to pay your port charges, taxes and fees to get the cruise for free. By the time you pay for the membership and the above mentioned charges, you will pay more for the free cruise than you would have to book it yourself.

These travel clubs are not a good value for almost all people. The cost is so high that almost no one can get any benefit from the promised discounts.

Incidentally, if you actually talk to someone, you will find that you can get a cruise on any of the mainstream lines for "free".

Call Carnival and talk to them, they will tell you they do not have anything to do with this and the use of their logo is not authorized. I did that and that is the response I got.

I also called the number on the card and asked questions. Before I finished asking my questions I was informed that I was not eligible to attend their "presentation".

Doc

So I received the same thing this week....but Postcard stated that Mai Tai vacations was sponsoring this......it says that you get free cruise for sitting through a 90-minute presentation.....but the card says it's not a timeshare thing....but this is a discount vacation club & the 90-minute presentation is about their services....at the end of the 90-minutes you exchange the postcard for your cruise certificate.....and we get the free airfare if we called within 48-hours and booked a reservation for the presentation on that call..............so we did...feeling this is a scam but determined to be THE ONE to uncover it.....then they called the night before & had to reschedule times..which we could not do......

So.....is mine different than yours?

So I received the same thing this week....but Postcard stated that Mai Tai vacations was sponsoring this......it says that you get free cruise for sitting through a 90-minute presentation.....but the card says it's not a timeshare thing....but this is a discount vacation club & the 90-minute presentation is about their services....at the end of the 90-minutes you exchange the postcard for your cruise certificate.....and we get the free airfare if we called within 48-hours and booked a reservation for the presentation on that call..............so we did...feeling this is a scam but determined to be THE ONE to uncover it.....then they called the night before & had to reschedule times..which we could not do......

So.....is mine different than yours?

same same .. still selling a travel club which has no special discounts, and they just throw up a bunch of cruises that they supposedly got other people but wouldnt or cant explain how it works, or give any details. If you search like I suggested the other many many threads on this, you can read my experience as I sent in the money.

Others have posted the links showing the travel club was reported as a scam in newspapers...

Yes, I receive one in the mail two days ago..... I just want to know how are they receiving or info? It definitely appear to be all that have cruised before or sign on for a cruise. It seems as though our info has been shared with a third party & I'm not happy if that is what has taken place.

Yes, I receive one in the mail two days ago..... I just want to know how are they receiving or info? It definitely appear to be all that have cruised before or sign on for a cruise. It seems as though our info has been shared with a third party & I'm not happy if that is what has taken place.

They told me they got my info from bank of america. they have no idea you even cruise.. coincidence. No one else who was attending my presentation was a cruiser except for me.

they hope you are too naive about cruising to know when they try to upsell you later.

Most of the people who are taken in are not cruisers... so many people are receiving this post card that its reported on here a lot.

SCAM CITY. They are phishing!!!!! Beware.

SCAM CITY. They are phishing!!!!! Beware.

I love phising scams.....I love to toss the ball right back at 'em.....

At my last job (as a receptionist), we would constantly get calls from different companies claiming to be from our copy machine supplier and they are calling to confirm the model number on our copier....the scam is...they get your model number, send you unordered toner, no one pays attention, it arrives, it gets used then about a month later your boss get this outrageous bill for toner (which by then is most likely used)....

So...what did I do?? I googled the model number of a tampax vending machine....I kept that number right at my desk...and everytime they called for my model number, that's what I gave them....lmao

I am defiantely taking advantage of this great offer!

i am just waiting to get my $50,000,000 from my dearly beloved long lost relative in Nigeria who sent me an e-mail asking me to help him get his money out of the country!

Aren't we all?

They told me they got my info from bank of america. they have no idea you even cruise.. coincidence. No one else who was attending my presentation was a cruiser except for me.

they hope you are too naive about cruising to know when they try to upsell you later.

Most of the people who are taken in are not cruisers... so many people are receiving this post card that its reported on here a lot.

Hey, thanks firefly...... So I'm hearing any who will share your info with a third party.... Well, I pray that all beware.

Hmmmm, sounds like Timeshare to me.:eek:

I got one but was way to busy to reply.I am currently working with His Royal Highness Prince Okeebookoo Kugibu of Nigeria. He will soon be depositing $10 Million in to my bank account and all it has cost me is $200,000 in documentation fees !!!!!

Maybe I can get the Prince to help a few of you guys out too !!!

I've gotten the cards twice. Vacation Club! The "FREE" cruise will wind up costing you within a few dollars of what you could book it for through any good agency, and you won't be able to take it when you want to, or get the cabin you'd like.

Like they say in New York - - - - - -Fuhgetaboutit!

"SKY"

yes. people have been posting about it for months. even got one myself. it clearly isn't from carnival, and was in the trash within 30 seconds of retrieving it from the post box.

Archived