When do AD minisuites sell out?

ActiveTraveler

We are new to Princess, but just booked a Fall 2012 cruise in an AD suite after reading that they were covered and more private. At the time of booking 2 cabins showed available for that category. And now, I see that AD category for that particular ship and date is "guarantee" only and the price has gone up by nearly $1,000 a person?? Is this a fluke?

Not a fluke. Supply and demand. Supply is down so price is up.

What is wrong with E731? You won't have to worry about that one being available. I booked E731 over a year ago for our cruise on the Diamond in Jan 2012. We were in E723 on the Emerald but wanted a bigger balcony this time. I don't like the minisuites on Dolphin deck but I don't think the side of the boat is important. I couldn't tell you in 24 cruises which side of the boat I was on for any cruise.

I too am perplexed by someone purposefully avoiding one of the most desirable minis on the ship. We have been in several minis on this class of ship and E 731 is by far the most desirable of any of them. We are booked in that cabin on the Crown in November.

I had assumed your deposit was 10% of the cruise cost, not 25%.

My deposit was $700. The total cost for three people is $3,687. So it is a small amount if you are talking about percentages.

What is wrong with E731? You won't have to worry about that one being available. I booked E731 over a year ago for our cruise on the Diamond in Jan 2012. We were in E723 on the Emerald but wanted a bigger balcony this time. I don't like the minisuites on Dolphin deck but I don't think the side of the boat is important. I couldn't tell you in 24 cruises which side of the boat I was on for any cruise.

I did not say anything is wrong with E731. My issue with it is medical: I have a balance disorder, so I can't be all the way back where the ship's rocking motion can be felt. I"ve read some reports ship motion can be felt in E731.

I have a problem with motion sickness on everything. My husband tells everyone that I get sick if I walk fast. I have found that the lower you go on a ship the less motion you feel. I can't handle the bars/lounges on the top deck of most ships as they are high and forward. I used to book only the cabins in the center. I booked E731 for my husband...I'll just take more meclizine if the motion is too much. You'll be very happy with an AD cabin!:)

I have a problem with motion sickness on everything. My husband tells everyone that I get sick if I walk fast. I have found that the lower you go on a ship the less motion you feel. I can't handle the bars/lounges on the top deck of most ships as they are high and forward. I used to book only the cabins in the center. I booked E731 for my husband. I'll just take more meclizine if the motion is too much. You'll be very happy with an AD cabin!

Wow, looks like you got it real bad. It is not motion sickness for me, just a tendancy to lose my balance sometimes when most people would not, that concerns me.

To make sure I don't get an AC minisuite on Dolphin deck, I emailed the three important words "do not upgrade" to my travel agent.

Archived