Private Babysitters on Summit?

jjantonini

My wife and I are excited to sail on the Summit in a couple weeks to Bermuda. We will be traveling with our 2 1/2 year old son. Since we understand that we cannot leave him alone yet in the organized group kids activities on the ship, we hope to use the onboard babysitters in the evening while we go to dinner.

Has anyone used the Celebrity babysitting services recently and can you comment on the experience?

Thanks!

My wife and I are excited to sail on the Summit in a couple weeks to Bermuda. We will be traveling with our 2 1/2 year old son. Since we understand that we cannot leave him alone yet in the organized group kids activities on the ship, we hope to use the onboard babysitters in the evening while we go to dinner.

Has anyone used the Celebrity babysitting services recently and can you comment on the experience?

Thanks!

I am interested in the answer to this as well. We are going later this month and we have a 2 and 4 year old. I'm not sure if my 2 year old would stay with someone but we were considering it maybe for one night.

Hi,:) I found this on the Celebrity website but hopefully you will

receive an answer from a real person who has used the service too.

Babysitting (Stateroom Services):

For a nominal fee of $8.00 per hour, for up to two children within the same family, parents can arrange for a private, in-cabin babysitter. Children have to be twelve (12) months old or older to be eligible for in-stateroom babysitting and there are to be not more than two children per babysitter. Babysitting services are available through the Cabin Services Desk onboard all Celebrity vessels. Parents are asked to make all private, in-cabin babysitting requests 24 hours in advance. Private, in-cabin babysitting is subject to personnel availability.

Hi there. We haven't been on Summit yet (plan to go in January!!), but I wanted to share our experience with the babysitting services we used on Eclipse in March. Basically, you need to go down to guest services as early on in your cruise as you can and fill out a request form indicating the days/times you would like to have babysitting services. We were able to secure services for the three occassions we wanted, although we did have to be a tiny bit flexible as to timing.

We used the babysitters for two evenings of specialty dining and one afternoon on the last sea day so that we could go to the Captain's Club reception and spend some time just relaxing. We were assigned two young ladies who came each time and generally worked at the guest services desk. They were both very sweet and eager to please. The first two evenings, we had DD in bed by the time the babysitters were scheduled to arrive, so we told them just to listen for her on the monitor while she slept (she was in the bedroom as we had a CS). On the third day, they had to work a bit harder because DD was still awake and DH stopped by about half way through to give them a hand getting her settled for a nap.

We all had a great experience. Just try to be flexible with the times that you need the babysitters and they'll do their best at guest services to get a pair to help you out. The cost was $8 per hour and you had to book a minimum of a 3 hour block. We did, obviously, tip on top of that, as $8/hour for two babysitters is unheard of where we live! Also, on several occassions we saw other younger children out walking with their babysitters or getting meals in the buffet, and they all looked well cared for.

Hope this information helps :)

Hi there. We haven't been on Summit yet (plan to go in January!!), but I wanted to share our experience with the babysitting services we used on Eclipse in March. Basically, you need to go down to guest services as early on in your cruise as you can and fill out a request form indicating the days/times you would like to have babysitting services. We were able to secure services for the three occassions we wanted, although we did have to be a tiny bit flexible as to timing.

We used the babysitters for two evenings of specialty dining and one afternoon on the last sea day so that we could go to the Captain's Club reception and spend some time just relaxing. We were assigned two young ladies who came each time and generally worked at the guest services desk. They were both very sweet and eager to please. The first two evenings, we had DD in bed by the time the babysitters were scheduled to arrive, so we told them just to listen for her on the monitor while she slept (she was in the bedroom as we had a CS). On the third day, they had to work a bit harder because DD was still awake and DH stopped by about half way through to give them a hand getting her settled for a nap.

We all had a great experience. Just try to be flexible with the times that you need the babysitters and they'll do their best at guest services to get a pair to help you out. The cost was $8 per hour and you had to book a minimum of a 3 hour block. We did, obviously, tip on top of that, as $8/hour for two babysitters is unheard of where we live! Also, on several occassions we saw other younger children out walking with their babysitters or getting meals in the buffet, and they all looked well cared for.

Hope this information helps :)

Is it $8 a child or just 8 for up to 2 children?

Is it $8 a child or just 8 for up to 2 children?

From the X Website:

For a nominal fee of $8.00 per hour, for up to two children within the same family, parents can arrange for a private, in-stateroom Baby Sitter. Babysitting services are available through Stateroom Services onboard all Celebrity vessels. Parents are asked to make all private, in-stateroom babysitting requests 24 hours in advance. Children must be a minimum age of twelve months or older and there are to be no more than two children per Baby Sitter. Private, in-stateroom babysitting is subject to personnel availability.

Whenyou sign up for babysitting, you get two sitters for safety/liability reasons and you pay a total of $8/per hour, with a 3 hour minimum.

Check out Lois' response at Post #5. It answers your question.

Thank you - I did see that on x's site but I thought I saw someone on here post that it was actually double that when they got on board so it was $16 not $8 which is why I was asking.

I think that is great that you get two people!

Archived