Lions, Rotarians, etc., gathering on QM2

2old4this

On an eastbound crossing in June there was a notice in the Daily Programme of a Service Clubs get-together in the Commodore Club at 12:30.

On the westbound crossing there was a notice for Masons to meet in the Board Room. Perhaps it is done only by request of a passenger?

Linda

On an eastbound crossing in June there was a notice in the Daily Programme of a Service Clubs get-together in the Commodore Club at 12:30.

On the westbound crossing there was a notice for Masons to meet in the Board Room. Perhaps it is done only by request of a passenger?

Linda

Thank you, Linda, for the assurance that Cunard does do this. I have met and made some good new friends through our shipboard club relationships and I hope to do it again e/b QM2 on 5 September.

Holland America called folks together on a trip to Panama at my request and Regent's Mariner did it last January to Guatemala again at my request. See my webpage on this Lions Club meeting on board Mariner at the address below. Regent even hosted a champagne party for my Lions guests which boarded us in Guatemala. Jack Morris

http://awesome.webplus.net/Eyeglasses/index.html

I have attended a few mid Atlantic Rotary Club meetings. Check at the Purser's desk on embarkation and request your meeting of choice. If there are other takers, it can be done. There used to be a record book and Rotary regalia on board. Have also seen Lions meetings. Not sure about any others. :D

On our last TA on the QV, the meeting was for Masons! I have been on the QM2, and attended a service meeting that was for members of any organisation. Churchills Lounge was overflowing.

LadyL1 - I shall give the front desk my request on boarding 5 September. Your report of the crowd inside the Churchill Lounge during your last crossing seems promising. I think that a gathering of folks involved in community service, no matter their community, has the makings of a solid group. Where I come from there is a competition between Rotarians and Lions as to which service club can do the most community good. Makes me proud to be a part of the race. Jack Morris

On our June 10th crossing there was a meeting of servce clubs advertised un the daily programme.

We have made annual crossings since 1996 on both QE2 and QM2 and there has always been in the daily programme a meeting of Rotary and other service clubs.

I am sure it is part of the programme not there by request.

In fact this year I went and was the only one there so it was a short meeting

On the QE2 it was hosted by the entertainment staff sadly this is not the case on the QM2,

Archived