Tender Ports - Coral Princess

GloriaF

I have my itienerary printed and there are no ports designated as tender ports, but am just wondering which my be tendered?

I looked up the ships in each port, and there are 4 in Skagway, and 6 in both Juneau and Ketchikan the day we are there.

I remember on one of our trips to Alaska we were supposed to dock but on this particular trip we ended up tendering in Juneau because there were alot(Ican't remember the exact number) in port. Our schedule too had us docked but we ended up not being. Sorry I can't help you too much.

Marilyn

Gloria -

Princess has a dedicated dock in Juneau. So if you are the only Princess ship in Juneau, you will dock there. Princess has an agreement with Juneau and while there - the ship will turn off it's engines and hook up to Juneau's power there (saves energy). I think Princess is the only line to do this. Ususally the only Princess ship that tenders here is the Regal because it is on an odd schedule (every 10 days) but there is a possibility that 2 Princess ships will be there - I would look at that.

When we were on the Coral Princess 2 years ago, the Southbound tendered in Ketchikan while the Northbound did not. This would be the only port I would worry about tendering.

You won't tender in Skagway.

Theresa

In August 2003 DH and I were on a SB Coral Princess cruise. We docked in Skagway and Juneau, but tendered in Ketchikan because several other ships arrived there before we did. The tender ride was very pleasant, and we actually got to see quite a bit of Ketchikan from the tender. It was low tide when we got off the tender in Ketchikan, so it was quite a steep walk up the gangway to get to street level.

Shae

Thanks, everyone, for your replies. It looks like we'll be tendering in Ketchikan pretty much for sure. Thanks again!

Here is a couple of sites that tell which ships are in port, if anyone is interested. But even though you know how many ships will be in port with you, it doesn't tell you if you'll be tendering. Still, it's fun to know what to expect crowd-wise.

http://www.cruisecal.com/dnn/

http://alaska.nwcruiseship.org/port_schedules.cfm

Archived