Taxi Van from Port to Hotel Question

There will be many, many cabs lined up for the many families getting off the ship. Some will be large enough to take you. The taxi dispatures will work to find one for your.

Pre-booking a van will cost roughly 60 EUR vs 30 EUR for a cab. You certainlly don't need to book a van. But it will make the process a bit smoother and is a fairly cheap "splurge" itiem.

After having a bad experience with a taxi driver ripping us off in Barcelona on our last trip (charged us something like 55 euro to our hotel) we have arranged transfers for our upcoming trip through autos vilar and viator. We have a group of six for most of our stay so were able to share the fare with other couples but chose shared shuttle from viator when we arrive as it will be the two of us at that time.

It was $30 US per person and I had signed up for their email alerts and received a 10% discount. That is approx 38 euro for the two of us so I felt better having the set rate and don't mind sharing the shuttle (3 stop max)

Also less euro to worry about for the trip as it is prepaid. I'll be sure to post reviews once we return. We are using Viator transfers and a tour in Paris as well. We are spending two nights in Paris before flying into Barcelona.

There will be many, many cabs lined up for the many families getting off the ship. Some will be large enough to take you. The taxi dispatures will work to find one for your.

Pre-booking a van will cost roughly 60 EUR vs 30 EUR for a cab. You certainlly don't need to book a van. But it will make the process a bit smoother and is a fairly cheap "splurge" itiem.

We are a group of 4 and I have been wondering whether we will fit in 1 taxi also. Will we be able to fit 4 large suitcases plus 2 roller boards in one of the larger taxis?

After having a bad experience with a taxi driver ripping us off in Barcelona on our last trip (charged us something like 55 euro to our hotel) we have arranged transfers for our upcoming trip through autos vilar and viator. We have a group of six for most of our stay so were able to share the fare with other couples but chose shared shuttle from viator when we arrive as it will be the two of us at that time.

It was $30 US per person and I had signed up for their email alerts and received a 10% discount. That is approx 38 euro for the two of us so I felt better having the set rate and don't mind sharing the shuttle (3 stop max)

Also less euro to worry about for the trip as it is prepaid. I'll be sure to post reviews once we return. We are using Viator transfers and a tour in Paris as well. We are spending two nights in Paris before flying into Barcelona.

Happened to us, too. Happened to others on our cruise and we compared notes coming and going. Big rip-offs going way out of the way and pretending to be lost.............the whole scam. Now, I have a distaste for the place and won't spend another penny there. If I am able to cruise the Breeze next year I will arrange transport ahead of time and stay near the port. Won't drop a dime more than necessary. Am actually hoping to sail out of Venice, instead. If I do, I won't even get off the ship in Barcelona.:mad:

Happened to us, too. Happened to others on our cruise and we compared notes coming and going. Big rip-offs going way out of the way and pretending to be lost.............the whole scam. Now, I have a distaste for the place and won't spend another penny there. If I am able to cruise the Breeze next year I will arrange transport ahead of time and stay near the port. Won't drop a dime more than necessary. Am actually hoping to sail out of Venice, instead. If I do, I won't even get off the ship in Barcelona.:mad:

Same thing happens everywhere. Las Vegas is infamous for 'longhauls' (heading south out of the airport through the tunnel).

We always try and stick to the local bus/subway/transit; and never had a problem.

Archived