Luggage tags

jac1976

We just staple the paper ones on the suitcases as directed (the morning we head to the ship). However, we have permanent tags with read-through fronts into which I place a small piece of paper with the following info in big font:

8/15- Hotel Name and City

8/16- Board xxxxx Princess

Cabin #

And then if it's a domestic departure, I list both mobile numbers.

Twice now the Princess paper ones have not been on suitcases when they were delivered to our cabin, but a handwritten tag was. I don't know if the person who wrote that tag got the information from the Princess tag or the permanent one, and I'm not willing to take a chance.

We just staple the paper ones on the suitcases as directed (the morning we head to the ship). However, we have permanent tags with read-through fronts into which I place a small piece of paper with the following info in big font:

Cabin #

Twice now the Princess paper ones have not been on suitcases when they were delivered to our cabin, but a handwritten tag was. I don't know if the person who wrote that tag got the information from the Princess tag or the permanent one, and I'm not willing to take a chance.

I like your concept

Pete

Cabin #

This is a fantastic idea. Thank you!

I always put ours on before we leave home, never been a problem.

I print mine on cardstock, cut them out and laminate them. I punch a hole in the end and attach with cable ties. Some people have commented that they think this takes too much time, but it only takes me 10 minutes at the most. I have folded them following the instructions and they do seem to be pretty sturdy, but we're jinxed so if it's going to tear off, it will be ours that do.

I always put ours on before we leave home, never been a problem.

I print mine on cardstock, cut them out and laminate them. I punch a hole in the end and attach with cable ties. Some people have commented that they think this takes too much time, but it only takes me 10 minutes at the most. I have folded them following the instructions and they do seem to be pretty sturdy, but we're jinxed so if it's going to tear off, it will be ours that do.

Exactly what I do, too. Takes just a few minutes. Even making an extra one for my purse in case it does get torn off doesn't add much time to preparing them.

I also put a copy of my itinerary RIGHT ON TOP OF EVERYTHING in my checked bag and also my carry on (in case they make me gate check it) and that way if the bag is waylaid and they open it to see who it belongs to, they also know exactly where I am on which day and what my cell phone number is so they can contact me.

I also put zip ties (cable ties) through the tabs of my suitcase zippers in lieu of a lock. If TSA has to get in then they will and will leave a note. Otherwise, it helps keep it closed and secure from casual lookers.

When we bought the plastic tags mentioned previously, soon after someone posted an "Itinerary" insert for them.

I print out the red "Itinerary" sheet (looks like the Princess luggage tag format), turn them over and print our itinerary from home to the hotel and ship etc, fold them up like the luggage tags and stick them and the luggage tags inside the plastic holder - with the red "Itinerary" showing.

So IF our bags get misplaced they can be re-routed to our hotel or the ship.

When we get to the hotel I just take the itinerary part out and toss it - leaving the luggage tags to get on the ship.

When we bought the plastic tags mentioned previously, soon after someone posted an "Itinerary" insert for them.

I print out the red "Itinerary" sheet (looks like the Princess luggage tag format), turn them over and print our itinerary from home to the hotel and ship etc, fold them up like the luggage tags and stick them and the luggage tags inside the plastic holder - with the red "Itinerary" showing.

When we get to the hotel I just take the itinerary part out and toss it - leaving the luggage tags to get on the ship.

Yup, that's exactly what I do too. Maybe I didn't explain it as well as you did:)

snip....soon after someone posted an "Itinerary" insert for them.

This sounds like a good idea

Is there anyone who would be willing to email (t5fry at yahoo dot co dot uk) a copy of the itinerary insert please

Sandy in Spain

At the 75 day mark, I printed the luggage tags for our late September cruise and our name and cabin number were offset making the tags wider than needed. A few days before we depart, I will check Princess.com and see if the tags layout have been corrected.

Just curious. I'm noticing a green dot in the middle of the dot next to some screen names and just a blue dot next to others. Anyone have an idea what that means?

Green dot indicates that person is log on to Cruisecritic at that very moment. Blue dot, which to me looks gray, shows that person is not logged on.

This sounds like a good idea

Is there anyone who would be willing to email (t5fry at yahoo dot co dot uk) a copy of the itinerary insert please

Sandy in Spain

Sandy - here's the one I have. We lived in Madrid for three years - what a beautiful country you live in!

luggage-tag-itinerary.jpg.c9a2b1f54155ae10645367c231cab365.jpg

Sandy - here's the one I have. We lived in Madrid for three years - what a beautiful country you live in!

Thanks for that, I´ll try expanding the thumbnail.

Yes we love living in Spain, just catching up on some sleep after our village fiesta, but it is soooooo hot

Sandy in Spain

Edit: Have just tried to expand the thumbnail to correct size for tag, but the print becomes distorted. If you´re able to scan a copy and email it, that would be great

[quote name='t60']Thanks for that, I´ll try expanding the thumbnail.
Yes we love living in Spain, just catching up on some sleep after our village fiesta, but it is soooooo hot

Sandy in Spain

Edit: Have just tried to expand the thumbnail to correct size for tag, but the print becomes distorted. If you´re able to scan a copy and email it, that would be great[/quote]

Favors By Serendipity will email the form to you when you purchase the luggage tag holders if you can't figure out how to get a good copy. fbys.com/tags

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3]We do ours something like this, except we put packing tape both sides of the tag and get rid of the excess paper, never had a problem.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][/SIZE][/FONT]
[URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1DMJcWaSXk"][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1DMJcWaSXk[/SIZE][/FONT][/URL]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3]Ken[/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='Larainerenee']Favors by Serendipity also offers a nice mesh bag to hang in the shower for your shampoo, shower gel, etc to maximize the limited space.[/quote]

I have that too and love it. I also have their soap pocket which means no more dropping my soap.....now that's a relief!!!:)

Just got my luggage tags from Serendipity in the mail, and they look perfect! I got two with the shorter length tie, and two that are longer. I also love that they sent the e-mail with a printout form for your itinerary that you can insert for any portion of your trip pre-cruise.

[SIZE=3]I just tried printing the luggage tags for our Oct. cruise and find that the top one is off center but the bottom tag is perfect. Is this a Princess problem?? My printer works fine for everything else!![/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]Thanks,[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]Carol[/SIZE]

Figured it out thanks!!

I would attach tags at the last point I have posession of them. Also, after I fold them, I sort of laminate them with clear packing tape, then staple them. I also bring some tape with me to reinforce tags before disembarking.

Archived