Canging cabin's

elkman7x7

We have a cruise coming up on ncl pearl. (1-22-12) I have been watching there site for 3 weeks now to up grade to a better cabin.The same cabins have been avaliable for the whole 3 weeks.Is this normal? Do you think things will change?

So far the market hasn't had much affect on US cruises, they are all sailing full. If you see a stateroom that you like at a decent price, I would book it. On my next cruise this Dec, the prices have been going up every week. Large jump this past week.

Keep watching for an upgrade that you want then call NCL. You will pay the difference between what you have already paid and the price of the new cabin. We did this on our first cruise 2 weeks prior. I saw a good price on a mini-suite and since we had 3 in our party I upgraded. I did the same this for our upcoming cruise in Jan. although much earlier.

We have a cruise coming up on ncl pearl. (1-22-12) I have been watching there site for 3 weeks now to up grade to a better cabin.The same cabins have been avaliable for the whole 3 weeks.Is this normal? Do you think things will change?

Although you do have a lot of time before your cruise, my suggestion would be to go ahead and book your upgrade now, while the cabin type/location you want are still available.

As pointed out, it's very difficult to predict what pricing and availability will do over the course of the weeks to come. You've obviously decided you want to upgrade, so why roll the dice and possibly come up short when you find your desired cabin type is no longer available? Wouldn't you be kicking yourself, and saying "If only I'd made that booking yesterday?"

As for pricing, if you pay the price difference to upgrade now, and the price on that cabin comes down later, I believe you can get a refund from NCL.

Do it now, get rid of the stress of watching the NCL web site all the time, and concentrate on enjoying your vacation!

I've done this on our last 3 NCL cruises.

For our upcoming cruise, the rates for a mini-suite was lower than what we booked for our BA. Got the cabin change and price reduction (before final payment date). Now, after final payment, the rates are higher than what we paid.

One cruise I noticed a BA aft facing cabin become available (someone must have cancelled) and jumped on the upgrade. The best extra $$ I ever spent.

Another, we had an OV window cabin booked and noticed for $80 p/p I could upgrade to BB cabin; jumped on that too.

Don't wait too long or they will disappear. Remember, if the prices go down before final payment, your balance due will go down ... if you notify them. Although this hasn't happened often, it's also fun to see when the rates go up, knowing you paid much less ... this has occurred more often.

Thank you everyone for all the input.Because we live in AZ and up in the mountains 7000 ft elevation we like to get out of here in January.I booked 2 cruises back to back.We are on the Epic for 7 eastern and then a day off to wash cloth's and then off to the western Carb for 7.

We have a Mini suite on the epic and then thanks to VidioTech i booked a Garden Suite on the pearl. Shhhhhh dont tell my DW its a surprise. i will just have to keep watching the prices now but like Vidio said I am set

Thanks every one for your input.Enjoy your cruises and enjoy many more.

Mark

Archived