Very excited for my second cruise - close to last minute booking

browneyedwoman

Hi everyone. I'd like to thank you for the great information that you have on this site. I used it last August when I went on the Guiding Light Cruise with my husband and my parents and about two hundred other GL fans and actors. I had a great time but would have liked to be able to see more of the ship which we didn't have time for due to all of the scheduled group activities and the excursions on a five day cruise.

So now we are going on a week long Eastern Caribbean Cruise from Baltimore later this month with stops in Grand Turk, Freeport and Half Moon Cay. This year it will be just my parents and I since my husband can't get off work.

I have several questions that I hope some of you will help me with:

We are booked in side by side extended 8K balcony rooms on the Verandah Deck. Does anyone have any info about these rooms? I read a description on the Carnival site and another cruise room site but I haven't been able to find any detailed pics. It says that it has a full bathroom does that mean it has a shower with a tub?

When we go to Half Moon Cay are there any areas that are air conditioned besides the cabanas that you have to rent? Is it easy to find shaded areas to pull a lounger under? I read that they have an included buffet but that drinks are extra. Does anyone have a map of the Half Moon Cay area to see how far we will have to walk when we get off the tender?

I read that the people in the cabanas can get a bus to take them back to the tender area. Can anyone get this type of shuttle on the island?

We will be dropped off in Baltimore. I read that the car lines are long due to the way they make you pay for parking. When you get dropped off will you bypass the long line of cars? We had a lengthy wait standing in line last year after we got dropped off when we boarded the Glory in NYC. Do they have more gate agents in Baltimore to get you through a little quicker?

My parents are both 75 this year and my Dad has a harder time walking and has pain standing for a lengthy time due to bad arthritis but doesn't use an assistive device yet. He has a handicapped parking plackard for at home but I'm not sure if he would be appropriate for a W/C transfer since he does walk on his own although it's slowly now.

I've been reading the reviews and posting but would appreciate if anyone can help me with the above info. We leave in a little less than two weeks - woo hoo!

A full bath doesnt mean it has a bathtub, just like any real estate listing, it can be either. In the case of Carnival, only suites and a few exceptions (not your ship) have bathtubs. not standard on carnival.

What is a w/c transfer?? Do you mean some kind of handicapped parking or drop off at the pier?

I would be extremely surprised if Baltimore has more agents than the port of NY, but dont have a nose count. It just depends on when you arrive and how fast the prior debarkation was how speedy they can get you on the next one.

Ask for HC check in when you get to the port and they will direct you to the check in agent(s) who just do HC folks. You dont need to prove you are HC, or if he is walking unassisted or not. Just ask for it.

Last time in NYC we stood in a very long line while waiting to get to the checked in on the computers and they only had three people working. It was difficult for both of them but especially for my Dad. I don't mind standing in the line and then finding them in the seating area later and boarding whenever our numbers are called but it would be easier for them since they're 75 yrs old to avoid standing for 45 minutes to an hour in a warm line with no seats or a bathroom. Could we ask for handicapped check in for the two them? Do we ask at the first checkpoint where they take our funpasses?

Do we ask at the first checkpoint where they take our funpasses?

I'd suggest that you ask the very first person who works at the port. I know for a fact that here in Tampa, if you ask the first person at the door, when you check in at the port, they'll supply a wheelchair, and assist you with the entire check in procedure, if you need it.

Good luck, and have a GREAT cruise.

"SKY"

I'd suggest that you ask the very first person who works at the port. I know for a fact that here in Tampa, if you ask the first person at the door, when you check in at the port, they'll supply a wheelchair, and assist you with the entire check in procedure, if you need it.

Good luck, and have a GREAT cruise.

"SKY"

thats what I suggested as well. I think every port will do HC assisted check in.

Iv never seen just three people checking people in at any port.

Archived