French Quarter Hotels

pdoeringer

We are looking for a nice hotel in the French Quarter. I want to be near Bourbon St. but don't think I want to be on it. The place must be clean with an elevator. I want a moderate priced hotel and the size really does not matter. It must be fairly quiet.

Any help would be appreciated.

Our daughter lives in NOLA so we go quite often. We prefer the hotels on Poydrus since they are close to the FQ but respnable.

Drury Inn: includes buffet breakfast and dinner options. plus happy hour with 3 drinks a day. parking is on-site. Check to see if they are doing the addition/renovation. I heard that was forthcoming

Accross the street per se is the Homeward Suites (Hilton) very nice. buffet breakfast similar to the Drury. also food in the evening. happy hour is beer and wine. Parking is at separate lot adjacent to hotel.

Also next to the Suites is the Le Pavion. - Old oppulent hotel, private/independant chain. a fixture for long time. at night they have peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and cocoa - 10 pm-ish. excellent valey, doorman and service. more expensive.

We walk to the quarter from all of these. and have stayed at all most often at the Drury and then in order shown above.

Check with the cruise line you are sailing on. We are booked for the NCL Spirit fo mid October and are are staying pre-cruise for 2 nights at the Marriott Canal St for 179 per night (Marriott.com has it for 299 per night + tax). This includes transfers to the ship on Sunday and tax (11% I believe). You are 1 block away from Bourbon St and all the action. You can get for less on Priceline but if you r like me and dont like to take chance on priceline hotels this is not a bad deal.

The Prince Conti Hotel is just off Bourbon on Conti St, great location

Hotel Monteleone on Royal St

St. Louis Hotel on Rue Bienville

Maison Dupuy on Toulouse St.- a bit further out from the action, but still walkable

We have stayed at all 4, quaint, old New Orleans, lots of atmosphere- certainly made you feel like you were in New Orleans. Chain hotels while conveinent and nice, could be in any city USA.

Check them out...I've gotten great rates, lower than the big box hotels at many different times of the year

Enjoy-

Thanks for the names of hotels in the French Quarter. I had been thinking of the Bourbon Orleans Hotel. Does anyone have revues on this property?

I will check all the others out on Trip Advisor and by calling them. Thanks Again

Thanks,

Pete

Archived