Cruise in August

Nancy N Glenn

The Caribbean is certainly humid and often very hot in August. But it can really depend on your specific location. Under shade on the beach - the ocean breeze is usually a wonderful experience. In the open sun, in the jungles of Mexico, surrounded by trees and no breeze - you will wish to make yourself a Mayan Sacrafice upon the alter.

The sun is so much more potent, wear plenty of sunscreen regardless of the time of year.

On the other side if the coin, August is a very popular time for Alaskan and Northern Europe cruises. But you will likely see this is comparing the fares, the Caribbean will often be less expensive.

Can't compare the Caribbean with Vegas in August.

As they say in Baltimore in August when temps climb into the 90's "It's not the heat, it's the humidity!" If you like the feeling of being in a rain forest when it's 90 degrees, then August will be perfect for you.

I see that you live in Southern NJ. If you have a problem with the heat and humidity in NJ in August, I'd wait for the Spring or Fall to sail the Caribbean.

We choose late October, April or February to cruise.

Good luck with your decision. ;)

I used to go in August-- what ocean breezes are we refferring to- I never felt any. Actually got in the water to find it was warmer then the air temps so there was no cooling off anywhere. The heat and humidty-- arghh.

I found cruising in February--leaving cold to hot is a great feeling. The later part of August you could find some great deals. Hurricane season. Dont pick a cruise to see the ports or you will be disappointed if they change courses on you.

Archived