noise from the gym

saltywillie

Just been assigned our room on the Grand Princess ,Lido219 ba ,above this room is the gym ,will this be a problem as far as noise goes .The cruise is a T.A. in Nov. would love to hear from anyone who been in this room ,

Thank you

Just been assigned our room on the Grand Princess ,Lido219 ba ,above this room is the gym ,will this be a problem as far as noise goes .The cruise is a T.A. in Nov. would love to hear from anyone who been in this room ,

Thank you

No, the treadmills will not be above you. They will be more forward. What will be above you is part of the salon and possibly some of the weight area.

Whether the treadmills are actually exactly above you or not I understand the noise from the walkers/runners and the motors is offensive to those in the staterooms below. We had a lot of problems on the Sun Princess in 2008 as if they opened the gym ONE MINUTE early for us to walk across the floor the people below phoned the pursers desk to complain of the noise. It must be noticeable even if they were touchy about noise at 6.59 am:D

Whether the treadmills are actually exactly above you or not I understand the noise from the walkers/runners and the motors is offensive to those in the staterooms below. We had a lot of problems on the Sun Princess in 2008 as if they opened the gym ONE MINUTE early for us to walk across the floor the people below phoned the pursers desk to complain of the noise. It must be noticeable even if they were touchy about noise at 6.59 am:D

I was just on this ship and I'm in the gym every day. I know exactly where all the equipment is located and there will be no motors above this cabin. I don't know what you mean by runners and walkers, but if you mean ellipticals, they aren't there either.

On the Caribbean princess treadmills were in use only between 8am-8pm..maybe due to noise complaints??

Laura

Yes, I have seen this on several ships where both the treadmills and the upper deck of the Promenade deck do not open until 8:00 a.m. This is due to noise complaints from passengers in the cabins under the treadmills and the cabins all the way forward on Emerald deck that look onto the upper Promenade deck area.

On my last cruise, I used the Promenade deck for walking in the early morning and the stairs leading up to the upper Promenade deck were chained off with a sign that it was closed until 8:00 a.m. so I went up to the treadmills instead but they were also closed until 8:00 a.m. Staff informed me it was due to noise complaints from passengers.

Archived