Resort Day Pass Reccomendations?

gunnerstahl24

Does anyone have any recent experiences (good ones presumably), purchasing day passes at any of the San Juan resorts/hotels near the piers/airport? Costs?

Our cruise disembarks at 8:00 a.m. and flight doesn't depart until 7 p.m. so hopefully looking for somewhere that would allow us to store luggage, have lunch and maybe hit the beach/pool as well.

Thanks in advance.

It's been a while, but on two occasions we've gotten a day room at the Caribe Hilton. At that time they didn't do reservations, so we called that morning from the cruise ship for availability and then headed over.

Read about my experience Here

We had a great day at the Marriott Stellaris!

Thank you khm. Much appreciated. I think we will try for the day pass option at Stellaris so long as they allow use of the gym showers and somewhere to store our luggage?

I assume the airport is a short taxi ride as well?

Thanks.

Thank you khm. Much appreciated. I think we will try for the day pass option at Stellaris so long as they allow use of the gym showers and somewhere to store our luggage?

I assume the airport is a short taxi ride as well?

Thanks.

Yes, they will store your luggage for you. They have a great pool and beach area. There are pool/beach towels available next to the pool.

The restaurants were very slow when we went. There are plenty of places to eat walking distance from the hotel. Check the hotel reviews on TripAdvisor.com.

I walked through the gym. There is a door to the gym right near the pool on the ground level. I believe that there are towels available. The locker rooms were pretty nice with large bottles of shampoo in the showers.

Take the phone # to the Marriott and call as soon as you wake on debarkation day. My smart phone was very slow in San Juan and I had to look it up on the ship computers. If the hotel is very full, they do not sell day passes. You don't want to get there just to be turned away. If they don't have availability, try the Caribe Hilton. I did a day pass there once. It was also nice. Although, I prefer the Marriott.

The ride to the hotel from the docks is only about 10-15 minutes. It takes about 15-20 minutes to the airport. There are plenty of taxis available right outside the lobby. I think it was about $15 plus extra for bags.

Good luck!

We booked a hotel room for the night before and told them we would not be checking in until early morning when we left the ship.

If you disembark on Saturday, book the hotel for Friday night but be sure to get confirmed you can have LATE CHECKOUT. They gave us 4 P.M. checkout which worked out great.

We left the ship, went to the hotel and because we were booked for the night before, no wait and had our room immediately. Spent the day at the pool, went to our room and showered and dressed, left our bags with doorman and had a bite to eat.

Went to the airport and it worked out perfectly.

We booked a hotel room for the night before and told them we would not be checking in until early morning when we left the ship.

If you disembark on Saturday, book the hotel for Friday night but be sure to get confirmed you can have LATE CHECKOUT. They gave us 4 P.M. checkout which worked out great.

We left the ship, went to the hotel and because we were booked for the night before, no wait and had our room immediately. Spent the day at the pool, went to our room and showered and dressed, left our bags with doorman and had a bite to eat.

Went to the airport and it worked out perfectly.

That's a great idea! Thanks for sharing.

Archived