Houston flight times-what is too early?

misguidedangel

I need some input as to what is too early for a post cruise flight from a cruise on the Magic out of Galveston in November. A friends flight was changed from 2pm to noon and I think that is too early.

Please, do tell of that is too early or if she needs to call the airline and tell them that she won't make that flight even if she sprouted wings and flew herself to the airport in Houston...

I am booking a flight for a 230 departure so that ought to be fine, but I really think noon is too early. We will have Tag #1 for getting off the ship, if that makes a different and we will be taking the shuttles to the airport from the pier.

Thanks!

I need some input as to what is too early for a post cruise flight from a cruise on the Magic out of Galveston in November. A friends flight was changed from 2pm to noon and I think that is too early.

Please, do tell of that is too early or if she needs to call the airline and tell them that she won't make that flight even if she sprouted wings and flew herself to the airport in Houston...

I am booking a flight for a 230 departure so that ought to be fine, but I really think noon is too early. We will have Tag #1 for getting off the ship, if that makes a different and we will be taking the shuttles to the airport from the pier.

Thanks!

Houston Hobby or IAH?

I wouldnt even do tag #1, Id walk my own suitcases off .. and find out where those who have early flights are meeting with the platinum folks and get off with them. Iv had some as late as 10 am.

I had one out of New Orleans and we were off the ship before 7 am (never got off that early before).

You just cant predict .. but Id plan on doing self debarkation if I had a noon flight.

I know, I remember when I was on the conquest we got a really low tag number, not #1, but 2 or 3 or something like that and we were off the ship by 9am, but we had to hoof it down to Deck 0 as the gangway malfunctioned and no one was getting off on Deck 3!!!

I'll see if she can get the flight changed because noon is too early, and the airport is Bush......

Always wondered, is it named for Bush Sr, or Jr?....

I'll see if she can get the flight changed because noon is too early, and the airport is Bush......

Always wondered, is it named for Bush Sr, or Jr?....

yeah, i would definitely look into changing that flight... i think noon is too soon and you'd really be chancing it, if there was a customs inspection, ship is delayed, etc.

galveston to bush IAH is an easy 1.5 hours with no traffic. there shouldn't be much traffic being sunday, but i still wouldn't chance it...

good news is, once you get there it's a pretty efficient airport :)

and it's named after george h.w. bush (sr)

Archived