Renewal of Vows Package ~ venue switch from ship to chapel/beach?

Dogstar

We will be celebrating our 20th Anniversary on our upcoming Southern Caribbean cruise & would like to renew our vows. Has anybody here pre-booked the HAL Renewal of Vows On Board Package, then once aboard the ship changed/requested to the Half Moon Cay chapel venue in lieu of the ship venue?

Half Moon Cay is our first stop, the next day after embarkation. If the weather appears nice we may wish to skip being formal by letting loose at the island chapel/beach venue instead. If the weather's iffy &/or the ship bypasses HMC altogether, at least we'll already be confirmed for the onboard ceremony. Either way, we'll still dress up for our romantic dinner at the Pinnacle Grill. ;)

Thoughts?

Thank you. Dogstar.

The date and time of the renewal of vows is at the discretion of the ship's captain. Since there is a chapel at HMC there may be someone else to do the ceremony. You would have to call shipboard services to attempt to set this up. Good luck.

We did the renewal for our 35th anniversary and plan on doing it in Dec. for our 40th (no I am not insecure, I just like to hear her say I Do over and over :) ). When we had it done on the Eurodam we had it done in the little room off of the crow's nest. The Captain was great and allowed us to make it as personal as we wanted to. There was one other couple that did it with us. If I remember correctly it was done on first formal night. I would hope they would not change it to HMC, as nice as the island is, my DW would have trouble getting there as she is in a wheelchair now, plus who wants to be dressed up on a beach :eek:

We did the renewal for our 35th anniversary and plan on doing it in Dec. for our 40th (no I am not insecure, I just like to hear her say I Do over and over :) ). When we had it done on the Eurodam we had it done in the little room off of the crow's nest. The Captain was great and allowed us to make it as personal as we wanted to. There was one other couple that did it with us. If I remember correctly it was done on first formal night. I would hope they would not change it to HMC, as nice as the island is, my DW would have trouble getting there as she is in a wheelchair now, plus who wants to be dressed up on a beach :eek:

All the regular renewal of vows is done on the ship.

The OP is just wondering if they should arrange something different and do it on HMC.

I am surprise that yours was on the first formal night as that is the evening of the Captain's Welcome Aboard Toast.

Our granddaughter is getting married on HMC on our cruise this November and has already arranged to have the very informal wedding take place in the chapel. There is quite a lot of paperwork involved and the chapel does have to be reserved, so I don't believe you can just change your mind at the last minute.

Archived