What would you like

LHT28

Since Oceania seems to be making lots of changes lately maybe we can help them out ;)

I know they really like customer feedback

Here are a few of my suggestions

2)Have the guest lecturers listed in the Cruise Booklet I am sure they know who is booked when the booklet is printed

3)Have a notation on the ports with free shuttles in the Cruise Booklet so people can plan ahead

4)entertainment...leave those entertainers that specialize in children's parties to other cruise lines & get some decent performers ...I have seen some better entertainment on these talent shows on T.V. (maybe get some of those) :rolleyes:

5) train new staff before they are let loose on the passengers (steal them away from other upscale lines) ;)

As you probably noticed I started with #2 so my #1 suggestion

Put on your "big boy " pants & be honest with passengers when things are happening with the ships, itineraries instead of letting rumours run rampant

Honesty goes a long way in keeping the loyal passenger base Oceania has come to enjoy.

I am sure there are other with suggestions so let's give Oceania some help making the line better. :D

Lyn

3)Have a notation on the ports with free shuttles in the Cruise Booklet so people can plan ahead

Lyn

I, like many people on this board (you, Lyn!!), plan way before the cruise booklet comes out, so I would like to see this information at least when they put up shore excursions for booking.

------------------

Helen

Well, in our case, for the ill-fated August 26, 2011 Alaska cruise, we learned in advance that Oceania would provide us complimentary shuttles in one port.....VICTORIA.

Unfortunately, this port that is so important to all of us on the cruise was just cancelled. :( :mad:

[...]

3)Have a notation on the ports with free shuttles in the Cruise Booklet so people can plan ahead I'd like to second that!

4)entertainment...leave those entertainers that specialize in children's parties to other cruise lines & get some decent performers ...I have seen some better entertainment on these talent shows on T.V. (maybe get some of those) :rolleyes: Yes, they should scout the "<Insert Country>'s Got Talent".

One note: Loud doesn't always equal good (especially in a small venue) - it's not all about the money notes!

5) train new staff before they are let loose on the passengers (steal them away from other upscale lines) ;)

Reminds me of breakfast in GDR . We observed a whole range of comedy of errors.

Here is my favourite comedy routine:

Waiter places down diced fruit in front of guest.

Guest: Um...that's not what I ordered. I just wanted prunes.

Waiter: Sorry, Sir. [takes diced fruit away]

[Waiter returns and places down selection of sliced tropical fruit.]

Guest: Um...that's not what I ordered. I just wanted a bowl of prunes.

[Another 5 minutes pass and waiter returns triumphantly with a bowl of prunes.]

Guest:Thank you.

[Guest has one prune and puts down cutlery. Waiter appears and starts to remove plate]

Guest:Um... I haven't finished.

Waiter: Sorry, Sir. [waiter leaves]

[Guest has one more prune and puts down cutlery. Waiter appears again and starts to remove plate]

Guest: Um... I haven't finished yet - I like to eat them slowly. I'll be finished when I have finished eating all the prunes.

Sadly, even though waiters wrote down the orders, there were so many mistakes. happily, lunch and dinner fared better in GDR - it seemed to be a breakfast problem.

Put on your "big boy " pants & be honest with passengers when things are happening with the ships, itineraries instead of letting rumours run rampant

Honesty goes a long way in keeping the loyal passenger base Oceania has come to enjoy. Having experienced that on The Land of Midnight Sun cruise, I would also like to make this my number #1 suggestion. More people were unhappy with the way it was handled than on the actual changes.

I am sure there are other with suggestions so let's give Oceania some help making the line better. :D

Lyn

Suggestion # 100 (could be placed lower down the list, unless luggage has gone missing, when this suggestion should be placed around #2)

Clothing in the boutique could be looked at. From what we observed, men could outfit themselves in "country club" attire more easily than women could. All the women's pants and tops seemed to be made predominantly from lycra - not something that suits very many body types.

Also seemed to be thousands of T-shirts (on sale) which would suit girls/women up to their late 20s, not the average passenger on Oceania)

Suggestion # 6 (not a deal breaker)

ipod docks/speakers in all staterooms (save carting travel speakers - especially since more & more hotels these days provide them)

I, like many people on this board (you, Lyn!!), plan way before the cruise booklet comes out, so I would like to see this information at least when they put up shore excursions for booking.

------------------

Helen

That would be Ideal

Since Oceania seems to be making lots of changes lately maybe we can help them out ;)

I know they really like customer feedback

Here are a few of my suggestions

2)Have the guest lecturers listed in the Cruise Booklet I am sure they know who is booked when the booklet is printed

4)entertainment...leave those entertainers that specialize in children's parties to other cruise lines & get some decent performers ...I have seen some better entertainment on these talent shows on T.V. (maybe get some of those) :rolleyes:

Honesty goes a long way in keeping the loyal passenger base Oceania has come to enjoy.

Lyn

Here's my suggestions:

1) I'm with you about wanting Honesty from Oceania. All the lies we got about requiring we take only shore ex in Russia regardless of that country's 72-hour free visa policy have turned us off this cruiseline.

2) Stop gouging us on internet rates. Oceania uses the same service as Holland America but charges far more for the same slow service. I recently sailed on Swan Hellenic and got hours and hours of internet time for the equivalent of about $35 and speed was no slower than Oceania's.

3) Stop treating passengers in cabins below Concierge level as so second class. Not being able to embark until after 3 pm is a significant problem when international flights often land in the morning hours and hotels require check-out by 11:00 or 12:00. When you go to the front desk, the first thing they want to know is your cabin number as if that makes a difference as to whether they will help you. [For the record, we were Concierge class on our first cruise with Oceania but I observed their treatment of others].

4) Have an ATM machine on board as other cruiselines do so we don't have to pay Oceania's 5% surcharge to get U.S. cash from front desk via credit card.

The rest I can hold my nose and live with but this one is critical.

Obfuscation is not an appropriate manner of communication.

Do what you said you do, do it how you said you'd do it and do it when you said you'd do it.

[...]

Honesty goes a long way in keeping the loyal passenger base Oceania has come to enjoy.[...] Still my #1

Lyn

A dedicated complaints department, or at least some department that will listen and respond.

While I understand Oceania has the right to change the itinerary at their discretion, we have the right to let Oceania know how we feel about these changes.

At the moment, there is no satisfactory way of doing this.

You can:-

a) Phone Oceania (hard enough if you are from USA, if not, then financially impossible). Besides, local branches like Oceania Australia do not have any answers, but will forward any email to Miami for you. (Not that it makes any difference, as no reply is ever sent)

If you do phone Oceania, the first question you are asked is whether you booked through a travel agent. Well, yes... but she's not taking the cruise, we are.

b) complain to your travel agent, who can pass on your complaint to them, but in the end, it too, can be ignored by Oceania.

c) Check Oceania's website and send letters to Oceania on their "contact us" section (under both reservations & general - there is no "complaints" section) on both their US & overseas (Aussie/UK etc) websites, from which I have received computer-generated replies: Please note that all correspondence is answered in the order in which it is received and every effort will be made to respond to you within a timely manner. This, was the only correspondence I ever received - apparently the timely manner has not yet expired...or there is a huge backlog!

d) send letters to Miami - but these too, apparently, get ignored. (no experience with this one, just repeating what others who did have said)

Archived