Welcome back gift - Loyalty programme

LN50

I just wondered if Azamara send a 'welcome back gift' as stated in their loyalty benefits to UK cruisers.

Both my sister and I with our DH's sailed for the first time on Azamara Quest in June this year. We are both 'classic' members of Clelebrity Cruises loyalty programe and therefore were automatically Adventurer level on Azamara. Does this preclude us from the welcome back gift?

Maybe we have to wait to get to the next level... Does anyone know?

We just loved Azamara, and Dh and I are sailing on the Quest again in October, really looking forward to it all... what a great cruise line :)

I just wondered if Azamara send a 'welcome back gift' as stated in their loyalty benefits to UK cruisers.

Both my sister and I with our DH's sailed for the first time on Azamara Quest in June this year. We are both 'classic' members of Clelebrity Cruises loyalty programe and therefore were automatically Adventurer level on Azamara. Does this preclude us from the welcome back gift?

Maybe we have to wait to get to the next level... Does anyone know?

We just loved Azamara, and Dh and I are sailing on the Quest again in October, really looking forward to it all... what a great cruise line :)

Hi Ln50 !

According to Azamara's website : http://browse.azamaraclubcruises.com/dc/captainsclub/heroSingleTxtSub.do?pagename=membership_benefits , You should receive a "Welcome Home" gift, when you've reached Explorer & Discoverer Level. As I recall, it was a one time gift, when you moved into each new level. Previously, I believe the Discoverer Level gift was a lovely Azamara Picture frame. I'm not certain what the current gifts are.

I will see if I can get an update from Azamara, or perhaps Bill will chime in.

You only get a welcome home gift if that cruise moves you up to the next tier - the website is badly worded :rolleyes:

So if you take a cruise as Adventurer and that cruise moves you up to Explorer then you will get a gift. You do not get a gift each time you travel on ACC.

Hi Albert Ross..

Yes I realise that we would only recieve a gift on moving up a tier. However I did wonder if this was forfeited as we are Celebrity loyalty members.

This was our first cruise on Azamara... or is the gift only for the USA market?

Host Andy, thank you for your input, I really do think it is amazing that Azamara has their own blogger,Thanks for all the replies :)

What if you are a first time cruiser on Azamara but are elite with Celebrity how does Azamara handle that.

Sorry this was posted while I was posting, this is exactly what I mean :)

Sorry this was posted while I was posting, this is exactly what I mean :)
If you are Elite on celebrity then you are discoverer on ACC. Still no gift as you are already at that tier when you boarded.

I would assume that if you boarded with 4 points (on either line) so when you got off you had moved up to 5 points; then this is when you would get the gift. Unfortunately I cannot speak to what happens as I was Elite when I got on:rolleyes: but I'm sure someone with experience will say how it worked for them.

My husband and I each received a lovely passport holder and luggage tag two days ago with a thank you note from Azamara. Leather, btw. They are doing everything to make clients feel welcome and appreciated. Can't wait to sail with Azamara again. We've given up on their main competitors who don't seem to care much about clients. ddcruiser

Our first cruise on Azamara or Celebrity was in January 2010 before Azamara split off from Celebrity. After our SE Asia cruise on Quest in February 2011, we had accumulated 5 credits and should have moved up 1 tier. We still have not received the welcome back gift from Azamara. On our profile page, we are designated as "Select".

Another issue that troubles me is that Azamara states that a membership benefit is "Onboard booking savings for future cruises". However, when we inquired while onboard Quest in February, we were informed by our Le Club hostess, that there were no special savings for members. Everybody on the cruise could get the same savings regardless of whether they were a Le Club member or not.

Hi ddcruiser,

we were on the same cruise as you. (Remember just the four of us at the CC meet and greet) so maybe it is only for US members.

Anyway, it will not stop us returning, just wish that the website was correct.

Looking forward to our next cruise in October. :)

Archived