Chef's Table Attire?

SpringBreakMom

Closed toe shoes are necessary. You are touring the galley and that can be a very dangerous area for toes! :)

Our chef's table ranged from a couple of people in shorts to one guy in a jacket (and he kept giving his wife "the look" for making him wear it). Most were dressed in the usual MDR garb.

We had one gentleman that wore a coat and tie. As soon as he noticed what the other men were all wearing he took them off and hand carried them the rest of the evening. Everyone dressed very nice and appropriate in my opinion. We were told to wear comfortable clothes with closed toed shoes. Everyone complied with the request.

Given my 'luggage meltdown' issues there is no way I was packing an extra pair of shoes that I would only wear for one night (who wants to wear closed toe shoes in the caribbean??)..... and it was not a problem - in fact I think many of the women wore sandals/open toed shoes - just be careful in the galley (I think high skinny heels would be more of an issue than the open toes!)

We did our first chef's table last month. It was absolutely FABULOUS!

They did request closed toe shoes, but many of us didn't know that ahead of time. Sandles were fine, and no one said a word about them. We wore the same type of clothing that we would wear in the main dining room.

I would...and will, do this again! We loved it!

I did not have to wear closed toed shoes on the Freedom. When the chef came to our table in the MDR the night before to, he even mentioned that is not necessary. Just to keep in mind that it is a working galley and to be careful.

Closed toed shoes and no heels are a SUGGESTION. There were several ladies in our group with open toed shoes and it was never even mentioned. We dressed a little nicer than we would for the MDR (which we normally wear khakis and nice shirt for) but definitely not "formal". I was a little put off by the one guy in our group that showed up in what looked to me like swim trunks. I'm not a snob....I just thought that was a little disrespectful to the Chef.

We did the Chef's Table on our cruise 7/28/11 onboard the Ecstasy. If you dress just like you were going into the dining room for dinner, you should be fine. The closed toed shoes are a safety precaution, for your benefit, because you will be traveling through the Galley and there are wet areas. However, they don't send you back to your room if you aren't in compliance :)

Archived