Booking Future Cruise Onboard without a specific sail date?

PantherFan

I will be on the Dream in December and wondered if you can book a future cruise while onboard that does not have a specific sail date? Other lines have this option and was curious if DCL did as well.

I would like to take advantage of the 10% discount but don't know which cruise I would like to do yet for 2013. I guess I could just book one and change the sailing once I know what I want.

Thanks in advance

Many people book a cruise while on board and then change the date later to take advantage of this.

In December many of 2013 sail dates (atleast jan-august) will have been released. You may be better off booking on the day they are released as they only go up in price. You can always cancel it. You can then re-shop while your on board to see which option is cheaper.

I waited til the last day on our DCL Alaska cruise to rebook, and their internet was down. I filled out an info form and they e-mailed me within a day or two and gave me a short time period to still book. I think it was 48 hours; to receive the onboard credit, etc. I was looking at 3 different dates and itineraries, so I called, and the lady that helped me was great! She booked the 2 that I wanted and then told me that there were rumors of a longer cruise on the Dream, or some itinerary changes or something like that (sorry, I don't remember the details) ANYHOW, the important part, was that she suggested I book a low priced cruise the beginning of Dec 2012, to keep the deposit low, and that I could change it later if an itinerary opened up that I liked later. Plus, even if I don't decide to book another one, I have until next year to decide and my deposit is fully refundable up til the 90 day window.

This is great, because it gives me the chance to decide later if and when I want to book for real.

Cynthia

Archived