Hotel?

pasta1

Most of the reviews seemed okay to me. I imagine this would be a reasonable place to stay pre/ post- cruise, but perhaps not a destination itself?

If you do decide to stay here, please let us know what you think.

Anyone ever stay at the Quality Inn Airport in Tampa. How was it?

I have not stayed there but do know the area. It is about half way between the airport and the Port of Tampa on S.Dale Mabry Hwy. The hotel is just an average hotel on a pretty busy main road (Hwy) and should be fine for just one night's stay. They do however charge for the shuttle to take you to the port. If you are not already locked in with a reservation, I could suggest 3 hotels that I know of that offer a cruise pkg that includes airport shuttle, shuttle to and FROM the port after the cruise, breakfast and free shuttle service anywhere within a 4 mile radius: The Chase Suites Rocky Point, The Holiday Inn Rocky Point and The Hampton Rocky Point. All three of these hotels are near the airport in an upscale area that overlooks the Bay. It is about an 15 min shuttle ride to the port.

Also, the flat rate taxi fare from the Port back to Tampa airport after the cruise, is $25 for up to 4 passengers. This is the reason that we selected a hotel that had the return pick-up after the cruise. We are staying at the HI Rocky Pt for the second time. We snagged the cruise pkg for only $89 on an internet web special. Even without the special their regular rates are pretty good and it includes ALL transportation plus a hot breakfast, a nice pool area and a great view of the Bay.

I am not trying to sway your decision, I just thought you may want some insight from someone that is familiar with the area. Tampa Bay is my original hometown.

Good luck to you and have a great cruise. :)

We are staying at this hotel for our next cruise. Have stayed at this hotel a few times and was very pleased with the staff ,room,location ,and breakfast included in the price. Just looking for someone elses opinion of this hotel. The rate was fiftyfive and six dollars each for the shuttle to the port. Publix is across from the hotel which is in a strip mall.Very convinient including places to eat.

Archived