MIA to South Beach- transportation option

oceanseagle12

I just thought I would post this for those who are looking for hotel options, because I discovered it after it was too late for me personally.

For South Beach hotels, you can take the Airport Flyer. It is a bus that runs from the airport, to South Beach. It is only $2.35. They say it has luggage racks, and they allow two pieces of luggage per person.

I've already booked IC and can't make a change at this point. But this may have convinced me to pick a SoBe hotel instead, just because Im probably going to go there anyway. You can take the bus to the hotel, then all you need is a cab ride to the port the next morning.

I hope this helps someone, and I will say in advance that I won't be able to answer questions beyond what I've shared, but the link for more info is here:

http://www.miamidade.gov/transit/rider_mia.asp

• 4 months later...

We are thinking of using the Airport Flyer from MIA to South Beach. It stops very close to the Surfcomber, which is where we are staying. We each (4 of us) have one large and one carry on bag. Has anyone done this? It says they have a luggage rack, is that an over head or do they put large bags in a storage area?

Archived