Help with room question, Please!!!

LynnAnne

DD and I are booked on the Freedom, we have a porthole cabin foward on deck 2, got it at a great price. It has 1 bed and a couch they would make up as a bed every night. I have never had a inside cabin so my question is should I upgrade to a inside on the Lido deck and go to two beds a chair and coffee table or keep the porthole on deck 2. Help, I would love to try the Lido deck but never stayed in a inside but the Lido deck is just a step from the room we could book.

I've been tempted to try this cabin because of the portholes. You are paying for an interior and getting an ocean view. I was going to do it as a solo, because I am not sure how comfortable the sofa is that turns into a bed.

However, your young daughter would probably be able to take the couch/bed--it couldn't be any worse than a bunk at camp, right? And may even be comfortable.

One thing to consider is that you need to be early risers, as you will hear the thrusters and anchor drop early in the morning.

Having said that, I would love to have a cabin on the Lido deck and an interior would be fine as you describe.

DD and I are booked on the Freedom, we have a porthole cabin foward on deck 2, got it at a great price. It has 1 bed and a couch they would make up as a bed every night. I have never had a inside cabin so my question is should I upgrade to a inside on the Lido deck and go to two beds a chair and coffee table or keep the porthole on deck 2. Help, I would love to try the Lido deck but never stayed in a inside but the Lido deck is just a step from the room we could book.

Are you referring to either 2221 or 2220? They're the only PT class cabins on that deck. They both have twin/king beds that can be separated so, since there's only two of you, it shouldn't be an issue. These cabins also have the sofa you described and a coffee table. From Carnival:

Cabin 2220 PT 220 sq ft

Beds: twin/king-1 upper-1 sofabed

View: 2 portholes

TV; telephone; 110 AC current; individual climate control; hair dryer; safe; minibar; 3-closets; shower;

sofa and coffee table

Non-smoking (effective 12/01/11)

Cabin 2221 PT 220 sq ft

Beds: twin/king-1 upper-1 sofabed

View: 2 portholes

TV; telephone; 110 AC current; individual climate control; hair dryer; safe; minibar; 3-closets; shower;

sofa and coffee table

Non-smoking (effective 12/01/11)

If the issue is should you move to the Lido Deck only you can answer that. The inside cabins on the Lido Deck are quite a bit smaller... by 35 sq ft ... so that should likely be considered as well.

:)

Yes it is a 1A with porthole!! Got it for 309.00 each, 6 day cruise in Oct. Not a bad deal. We don't mind walking but it would be so nice to walk out of the room and have the Lido deck right there!!! Ugg what to do what to do. No bitching about the food here from me, This well be my 7th cruise on Carnival and I welcome the change!!!

I got a "free upgrade" from and inside to a porthole once and it didn't really feel like an upgrade. It was a long walk to everything and as others have mentioned it was very noisy when they would drop the anchor, the entire room would shake. Also, while it was nice to have some light come in, the porthole window was so dirty you couldn't see out.

The problem here lies with having to pay more to go inside...not sure if I would do that or not unless the price difference isn't too great. I typically only book mid ship these days due to the convenience.

Mach, could it be a 1A with a porthole rather than a PT category cabin?

I guess it is!

In that case I'd opt for the Lido Deck cabin to get the better sleeping arrangement if the cost isn't significantly higher...

:)

Mach, could it be a 1A with a porthole rather than a PT category cabin?

I agree has to be a 1A, because the OP said it has one twin and a convertible sofa, should they change to two twins.

Further forward than the PTs.

great deal usually though, unless its important to sleep in the same bed. convertible sofa not quite as comfortable.

Yes it is a 1A with porthole!! Got it for 309.00 each, 6 day cruise in Oct. Not a bad deal. We don't mind walking but it would be so nice to walk out of the room and have the Lido deck right there!!! Ugg what to do what to do. No bitching about the food here from me, This well be my 7th cruise on Carnival and I welcome the change!!!

Good price to me. I got mine 2217 1A solo on Triumph for 5 days at $279 and seems to be a deal nowdays, even though Iv paid less for a 1A.

For the price and since its your daughter, I bet she wouldnt mind the convertible sofa and you can see out. Id keep the 1A.

My daughter is 32 so not a little kid on the couch. Does anyone have any pic's of the inside cabins on the Lido deck on Freedom?? Thanks everyone, love hearing what everyone can share!! TGIF Have a great weekend!!!

That's a really tough decision. If the PT had real beds, I would take it hands down, as I loved my porthole cabin and getting a window for the price of an inside. However, I would be unsure about sleeping on the couch every day, and that might convince me to take a regular inside.

I have stayed one below Lido several times, and I love the convenience, especially for first morning's coffee.

I think in your situation, I would make the move to the Lido inside. You're just a few steps away from the outside decks anyway, and you both get a real bed.

I book insides on the Lido deck all the time. It will be a smaller room than the porthole. As previously stated, the PT is set up like an OV, with twin beds and couch. An inside on the lido will have to two twin beds, and the chair is just a small hard back chair. We have done OV as well, and the girl that slept on the couch is plus size and about 5'11" and said the couch was very comfy. I personally love the Lido! With that being said, I did book a PT for my Jan. cruise, because it was cheap, it sleeps three and just so no one will have to take a top bunk. Whatever you decide, have a great cruise.

Archived