1st Cruise with Toddler

brwneyedgirl86

I posted this on the Royal Caribbean page as well....

This is our 1st cruise with our daughter (15 mos)- 5th overall and all on RCCL- does anyone have any tips on cruising with a toddler?

We have been taking her in the shower with us so she can get used to that, since we don't have a tub in the stateroom and we booked a balcony room on Freedom of the Seas on 9/11/11. Freedom Class ships have the kiddie splash zone where swim diapers are allowed.

Awww, my kids love that ship (and Indy). :D

You already know about the Baby Splash Zone - awesome.

There will be the Royal Babies & Tots - play group for mom/dads and tots - grab that schedule when you get onboard. You might find something that interests you.

MILK - we always found it in the Windjammer in the morning, Cafe Promenade the rest of the day. :) Oh and while you are at the Cafe Promenade - get yourself a cookie of the day - yummie.

Ice Water is always at Sorrento's (my kids like drinking milk and water). And the pizza is good there but so is the rest of the stuff at Sorrento's.

Ice Cream - save your money at Ben & Jerry's - eat at the FREE soft serve located at the H20 zone. I swear my kids ate their weight in ice cream every day. Chocolate/Vanilla/Twist

Children's Menu

KidsMenuGOS-Crop.jpg

I took sippy cups and don't forget a small bottle of dish soap to clean out your sippies.

You don't HAVE to order off the kids menu - they are welcome to eat ANYTHING they want off the adult menu as well.

In cabin sitting if you are interested - $19 gets you 2 babysitters.

I recall some people having posted that the Pack 'N Plays that RCI provides in lieu of cribs are not equipped with fitted sheets. I believe that others have stated that they were given regular flat sheet to fold up and put over the mattress. If this is a concern for you, you may want to bring a Pack 'N Play sheet.

Also, if you think about it would you save the Royal Babies Nursery info that you are given and post it when you get back? I would love to have a heads up on the current info before we set sail. Thanks.

Archived