CCL* w/ a Toddler?

sun&1love

I think I would like to pick a carnival cruise. I have been on 4 cruises, all CCL. This time I'll be taking my baby who will be 2 1/2. Is this the best line w/ a little one? My Biggest concern is WHERE to take a baby?? I would like to go in March & somewhere other than the Caribbean,Bahamas or Mexico,as I have already been to these destinations. I want a SAFE place beyond ANYTHING ELSE even if it mean repeating ports. We would like to go in early March. Any suggestions? Like I said anything we have not done would be fantastic but safety is #1 above ALL ELSE!!

As far as Safety is concerned one should always keep their Guard elevated when traveling especially in another country. That being said Don't venture too far off the beaten path in the ports and you should be fine. As far as what to do on the ship their is plenty to do. Camp Carnival is Great and if potty trained the little one will Love the pools and such. I do have 1 tip though and that would be to bring along an Umbrella stroller! Folds up and tucks away nicely Plus it comes in handy in the Ports and around the ship.

If you dont want caribbean, mexico or the bahamas that cuts out about 80% of the cruises on carnival.

surely you have not been to every caribbean port ect?

alaska? europe .. hawaii, no other choices .. well australia when carnival spirit gets there.

If you dont want caribbean, mexico or the bahamas that cuts out about 80% of the cruises on carnival.

surely you have not been to every caribbean port ect?

alaska? europe .. hawaii, no other choices .. well australia when carnival spirit gets there.

I have been to quit a few Caribbean ports since I picked really good itineraries. & I have done the resort thing too. My main thing is warm in March & safe. But since they don't let babies swim w/ swimmy pants, a cruise might not be an option for us.:( But thanks for the input!

As far as Safety is concerned one should always keep their Guard elevated when traveling especially in another country. That being said Don't venture too far off the beaten path in the ports and you should be fine. As far as what to do on the ship their is plenty to do. Camp Carnival is Great and if potty trained the little one will Love the pools and such. I do have 1 tip though and that would be to bring along an Umbrella stroller! Folds up and tucks away nicely Plus it comes in handy in the Ports and around the ship.

Ughhhh...IDK now CCL is out if my baby can't swim. boo. :( But thank you for the info!

I think I would like to pick a carnival cruise. I have been on 4 cruises, all CCL. This time I'll be taking my baby who will be 2 1/2. Is this the best line w/ a little one? My Biggest concern is WHERE to take a baby?? I would like to go in March & somewhere other than the Caribbean,Bahamas or Mexico,as I have already been to these destinations. I want a SAFE place beyond ANYTHING ELSE even if it mean repeating ports. We would like to go in early March. Any suggestions? Like I said anything we have not done would be fantastic but safety is #1 above ALL ELSE!!

Carnival is FANTASTIC with young children!!!!!!

We have done 2 different cruises with our son (now 3.5yrs old). Both cruises on the Imagination. His first, our test run, was just after he turned 2. It was a 3 day to the Bahamas. The second, was a 4 day to Key West and Cozumel. Was satisfied with both, and would gladly send any one of my friends and their children. Felt very safe in all ports!

In the MDR my son ordered a PB&J with chocolate milk every night, and our server tried his best to satisfy our son in every way! Even danced with him on a couple of occasisons.

Camp Carnival is SOOOOO safe, we're talking contstant video footage!!! You will be given a cell phone, so that as soon as your child even yells for Mom and Dad you can be reached.

I do say bring an umbrella stroller, extra wipes, juice boxes, sunscreen, and SEVERAL swim suits!

Ughhhh...IDK now CCL is out if my baby can't swim. boo. :( But thank you for the info!

Don't complete do away with the cruise yet...ur baby is 2 1/2 now and March is 7 months away! All 3 of my kids were potty trained at that age and all without force. Remember even if they still have accidents at night they can go in the pool since no accidents during the day :D. I am going with twin 3 year old's this October and we chose to go to Cozumel and Key West again because you don't NEED a taxi to visit places, unlike Freeport. We also chose a fantasy class ship for the splash pad and kiddie slides Just an Idea.

Don't complete do away with the cruise yet...ur baby is 2 1/2 now and March is 7 months away! All 3 of my kids were potty trained at that age and all without force. Remember even if they still have accidents at night they can go in the pool since no accidents during the day :D. I am going with twin 3 year old's this October and we chose to go to Cozumel and Key West again because you don't NEED a taxi to visit places, unlike Freeport. We also chose a fantasy class ship for the splash pad and kiddie slides Just an Idea.

He'll be 2 1/2 when we go. Key West would be a fab place to take him,I have done that same cruise. I would really like to do Italy or somewhere but I'm not sure how safe or how the weather will be. Or even if they cruise that time of year! LOL!! I have a LOT to research!! Plus my friend who wants to go will have a 1 year old @ the time. Lots to figure out! This year will be Disney World. Then hoping on planning a cruise for next year.:confused:

this is the same on all cruise lines - not just CCL. Just so you know. :)

Thanks for the info. :o

PS The Imagination has a WaterWorks area, that is GREAT for toddlers! Even a special slide, just for them!

This would be a nice choice. My vacations are ALL about my family.Everyone included.Family togetherness!! :D

He'll be 2 1/2 when we go. Key West would be a fab place to take him,I have done that same cruise. I would really like to do Italy or somewhere but I'm not sure how safe or how the weather will be. Or even if they cruise that time of year! LOL!! I have a LOT to research!! Plus my friend who wants to go will have a 1 year old @ the time. Lots to figure out! This year will be Disney World. Then hoping on planning a cruise for next year.:confused:

Thanks for the info. :o

We actually did the same thing..Disney World last year then the cruise this year. We want to go to Italy and Alaska but are waiting until the boys are older so they can keep up with DH and I walking (we like to walk a lot). If you do Disney in March just make sure it isn't during spring break weeks. I would highly recommend going in October, low crowds and great temps, not to hot and humid. I know a lot of southern states do spring break about 3 weeks out of the month so check this before booking. I would also suggest looking into Tour Guide Mike for Disney with kids that age...it was priceless for us, never had to wait in line for anything and was fniished in the parks around noon each day which was great with little ones. We are just doing the short cruise to see how the kids like it (ages 3, 3, and 7) before we take a longer cruise and thought Key West and Cozumel would be great because of the taxi/carseat situation. Once boys are out of carseats we will expand our cruising destinations. Just some things to look into when traveling with toddlers:D. Sorry such a long post but hope you find some of it helpful with your little one.

I'd suggest a Disney cruise maybe. Or you could always do a cruise up to canada or alaska.. Dont know how much those ports would be fun for a kid but Canada and obviously America are pretty "safe" if you don't want to take her to far from home. I think there are also pacific coast cruises that go through California, Oregon and Washington- carnival doesnt offer those but I think Disney might and also NCL which is pretty family friendly

Archived