Best tours to do with a 9 and 13 yr. old in Nassau

nana of 3

What sort of things would you recommend for 2 kids these ages? We are going to the straw market for sure, just so they can say they were there :) But what other things are a must in Nassau? They will be snorkeling in Coco Cay. Thanks for the advice.

Eeek, I think straw market is on my "must avoid" list. :p

There are two things my kids love to do in Nassau - it just depends on your budget and time.

--Atlantis waterslides -- VERY EXPENSIVE and you have to have the time do it. We reserve this for our cruises that are docked there overnight because we need a whole day and not just a few hours.

--Blackbeards Stingray Cay - Swimming with the stingrays - private beach -- less expensive per person than Atlantis but the kids have to have no fear of swimming with stingrays.

My kids loved the stingrays also. I would also look into the Forts. I wanted to do this becuse my almost 9 yo son would have loved it but his little sis hit a brick wall and we went back to the boat for a nap! The Stingray thing is right at the dock. We did that in the am, went back to the boat for lunch and to clean up. We then did the pirate museum(cute but over priced!). Having the boat ported in such a convenient location it is easy to come and go as you please. You could easily just walk around the city or goggle the walking tour map. t takes you to all the historic stuff in the city. Your kids are old enough to enjoy a walking tour! I can't wait until mine can hang!

Thanks for the info. We are only doing straw market just as a real quick thing, not spending hrs. there, we have been ourselves, but they want to see it. How long did you get for Blackbeards? We are looking into doing this. Are the rays as tame here as in Grand Cayman? How much for the Atlantis pass? Do you have to buy that thru the cruiseline or can you get them from private vendors?

I don't think there ARE any "must dos"! Hit the straw market (kids love the piles of stuff and cheap prices!) and then head back to the ship and make use of the pools! The ship will be virtually empty on a port day...it's a great time to make use of that which you've paid to use!!!

Thanks for the info. We are only doing straw market just as a real quick thing, not spending hrs. there, we have been ourselves, but they want to see it. How long did you get for Blackbeards? We are looking into doing this. Are the rays as tame here as in Grand Cayman? How much for the Atlantis pass? Do you have to buy that thru the cruiseline or can you get them from private vendors?

The stingrays are in a VERY large fenced in area. And they are debarbed and it is zero entry, a beach. You get to snorkle with them.

For Atlantis, there are a number of ways to get passes at Atlantis (its a giant resort). You can go to the port of call board and see what the current best way to do it is. We have booked rooms AT Atlantis - sort of complicated - but sometimes the best price. You can book a room at comfort suites paradise island (next door but offers Atlantis access)

There are day passes (limited number available)

You can buy it off the cruise line, it is ungodly expensive.

But really, go to the port of call board and read the tips there.

Wow, didn't realize they were de-barbed, that seems knda cruel, I know safer but cruel :(

I will check out the ports of call board, sometimes I forget it's there, I get so busy on all the other ones, lol.

Thanks, again :)

Archived