Infinity - Noro Virus?

aprilivy

Had a call this morning from Lisa, the customer service rep. who sent me the e-mails. Seems that the decision was made higher up in the chain that they should do something for me. No apology and no explanation, but I am going to be given what I had initially asked for. It could have been done in the first place with little effort on their part and no unhappiness on mine.

I am happy with the final results. The e-mail to Mr. Hanrahan was what it took. So, I still feel they need to fix their customer service, but this was a very good start. And, maybe, the rep. learned from this experience.

Am very curious to hear from people returning from this weeks cruise what the situation on Infinity was.

Anne

Had a call this morning from Lisa, the customer service rep. who sent me the e-mails. Seems that the decision was made higher up in the chain that they should do something for me. No apology and no explanation, but I am going to be given what I had initially asked for. It could have been done in the first place with little effort on their part and no unhappiness on mine.

I am happy with the final results. The e-mail to Mr. Hanrahan was what it took. So, I still feel they need to fix their customer service, but this was a very good start. And, maybe, the rep. learned from this experience.

Am very curious to hear from people returning from this weeks cruise what the situation on Infinity was.

Anne

I am happy it worked out, but should have worked out easier! I am happy the letter worked!

My husband and I were on the Celebrity Infinity from August 12-19 from Seattle to Alaska. They did announce that illnesses had occurred onboard. They did not call it specifically the Norovirus. They did say there were some gastrointestinal illnesses and we were very impressed with how Celebrity handled the situation. We would cruise Celebrity again, and again, and again. I have never had a problem or disappointment on any Celebrity cruise I have taken. We were still in Seattle on the afternoon of August 19 and noticed the ship was still in port at 4:00 p.m. (normal departure time). My husband had forgotten something and returned to the pier. He learned from a security officer that the delay was due to both cleaning the ship thoroughly for the upcoming passengers (EVERY CREW MEMBER on board who was not a part of the debarkation process was in a "bunny suit" and mask cleaning all rooms and all parts of the ship) and the delay was due to a security breach on the ship. Everyone that had embarked was asked to disembark.

I was on the Aug.19th cruise that was delayed. It was a sunny day and we ate lunch at Anthony`s right at the pier. I was with 80 yr. old dad and was concerned about Noro. We left port about 2 hrs. late. We did not get sick and did not know of anyone else getting sick. I avoid buffet for first few days and have never had Noro in 32 cruises. I am big Celebrity fan and think they did a good job.

Archived