Will they take away my RCL Visa card points?

My wife and I will nearly have 125k points on our RCL Visa Card next year and we are looking to redeem a free cruise for the two of us.

The cruise we currently have eyed out is about $1200 each, which would amount to 4800 Visa points if I booked today. I could use these points to help push me past the 125k I need.

My question is, if I were to book now, earn my 4800 points pushing me to lets say 126k Visa points and I redeem 125k a few months down the road for my free cruise, will they take away the points I used to book that cruise? It would essentially put me under the amount that would be required.

I hope this makes sense.

Thank you for your help.

My wife and I will nearly have 125k points on our RCL Visa Card next year and we are looking to redeem a free cruise for the two of us.

The cruise we currently have eyed out is about $1200 each, which would amount to 4800 Visa points if I booked today. I could use these points to help push me past the 125k I need.

My question is, if I were to book now, earn my 4800 points pushing me to lets say 126k Visa points and I redeem 125k a few months down the road for my free cruise, will they take away the points I used to book that cruise? It would essentially put me under the amount that would be required.

This would require paying it off first. Then, when you get refunded, they will dis-credit you the points you earned (take them away). I don't think your scenario would work. I don't even think you can change and use points to pay for a cruise you already paid off, but I could be completely mistaken.

I hope this makes sense.

Thank you for your help.

No problem. Do it

Am I reading this wrong. What refund?

As long as the OP charges the $4800 to get past 125,000 pts, there would be no problem

I hope this makes sense.

Thank you for your help.

Put your deposit down now to book your cruise. As long as you have the 125K points about a month before final payment is due you should be OK. You may have to call BOA to get your certificate number and then phone it in to RCCL but that works fine. They should refund your deposit if the certificate covers the full cost of the cruise (or the difference if there is one).

Let me see if I understand...Are you thinking of paying for the cruise with your RCI credit card, getting points, cashing in points for the cruise you recently charged, and in so doing, asking for a refund of your credit card charge? if so, I suspect when the credit card refund came through, you would indeed lose the corresponding points, leaving you back where you started.

If they did not take the points back when a charge is refunded, people would book, pay, cancel, book, pay, cancel, over and over until they had a freebie.

Put your deposit down now to book your cruise. As long as you have the 125K points about a month before final payment is due you should be OK. You may have to call BOA to get your certificate number and then phone it in to RCCL but that works fine. They should refund your deposit if the certificate covers the full cost of the cruise (or the difference if there is one).

Transferring points is all done electronically now RoyalCaribbean.com/RoyalRewardsOnline.

Archived