Carnival Dream room advice

Mom2Evie

We're looking to take a Saturday to Saturday cruise to the Western Carribean in 2013. I have a great PVP that has done a great job for us in the past. It's my DH, DD10 & I cruising in the past, we've had an OV room on either Upper or Empress deck. our cruises have also only been 4 days.

This time, she's recommended an inside room on the 10th deck (pool level). The price is great, but I really do enjoy having a window. I just don't know if not having a window is a deal breaker for me. Since this cruise is a few days longer, will the cabin feel more & more cramped as the days go by? There are two days at sea on this cruise but I'm really looking forward to each port of call.

I realize you can't tell me how I'm going to react, but I'd like to hear about your experiences & recommendations.

After having an interior room, I said that I would never book an oceanview because I didn't want to spend the extra money. Well, then I got upgraded to an oceanview and I love them! It's nice to be able to see what's going on outside the windows.

If you spend a good bit of time in your cabins like we do, I would recommend sticking with the window. If you don't spend much time in your cabin, then go for the interior.

We're looking to take a Saturday to Saturday cruise to the Western Carribean in 2013. I have a great PVP that has done a great job for us in the past. It's my DH, DD10 & I cruising in the past, we've had an OV room on either Upper or Empress deck. our cruises have also only been 4 days.

This time, she's recommended an inside room on the 10th deck (pool level). The price is great, but I really do enjoy having a window. I just don't know if not having a window is a deal breaker for me. Since this cruise is a few days longer, will the cabin feel more & more cramped as the days go by? There are two days at sea on this cruise but I'm really looking forward to each port of call.

I realize you can't tell me how I'm going to react, but I'd like to hear aobut your experiences & recommendations.

Being up on the lido deck you'll be much closer to the "outside" than you would be on a lower deck and I think that makes it easier. I had an inside Spa cabin on the Dream earlier this year (I usually have portholes) which was just a deck up from where you'll be and it didn't feel any smaller - I kept the TV tuned to the shipcam so I knew what was going on outside. I also did the western itinerary and really didn't spend much daylight time in my cabin (I was up on the Serenity Deck a lot).....so I really didn't miss the window.

Em

1. I'd check to see if there's a port hole cabin (PT) available. Inside price with two windows.

2. If not, I'd just go with the great price on the inside room. The dream is a great ship and there's so many places to see outside. Not only the upper decks, but deck 5 has the lanai on it. If you want to relax inside but see outside, this is the place for you. Comfy seats in the Ocean plaza (or along where the sushi bar is) and you can see outside.

Just focus on the idea that the cabin is for sleeping and getting ready to go enjoy the ship. If you want natural light, it's just a few steps from your door.;)

Archived