Cloth/Clothing Store?

Beyondthe7Seas

Could he be talking about Caribelle Batik? We went there on St. Kitts and they definitely dye the cloth and make it into clothing, pillow covers, wall hangings etc. I don't know if they are on other islands though or if they are, if they go by another name.

CARIBELLA BATIK IS IN ST LUCIA

Welcome to Caribelle Batik

The Company was established in 1979 to create colorful batik clothing with hand-made care and flair, and almost thirty years later; Caribelle still draws visitors from all around the world.

The batik studio and boutique are housed in 112-year-old Howelton House, the former home of Victorian doctor. Local traditions say the house is haunted, and the Caribelle operation certainly adds an air of witchcraft, with artists leaning over simmering cauldrons of wax, the floor creaking under a thick layer of wax drippings, the scent of molten bees wax drifting through open windows to blend with the pungence of cedar after a rain shower.

In a world of mass production and compromise, thank goodness for Caribelle Batik.

Wall hangings, sundresses, shirts, blouses, beach wraps, pareos, evening wear, children's wear, men's wear, scarves, batik accesories, souvenirs, bags, jewelry, paintings, home accesories, decorative items and so much more.

Every item is fade free, color fast and pre shrunk, however, for the first wash; we recommend that you wash separately using hot water, and a mild detergent.

Take an original piece of the Caribbean home with you.

Thanks for the info Karen & Roy. The Romney Manor store that was part of our tour on St. Kitts was great and I have been wanting more pilllow covers so if we make it to St. Lucia it looks like I will have to add it to my list.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived