Hello! Need a water package (water retention) and a mix of drinks! Please help!!

gonecroozin

Hi,

I suffer from water retenion, and ironically have to drink at least 2 litres of water through out the day.

My partner would like a few soft drinks and we would like to share the odd bottle of wine a night whilst on our cruise.

Which beverage package/packages are we best to buy?

The water on the ship is safe to drink, although some find that it isn't to their taste. Some have reported that it contributes to swollen ankles, but others have had no difficulties in that regard. On one cruise when my ankles became swollen the ship's nurse said that it is a combination of the heat and the salt air that causes the problems, also that the food on board is more heavily salted than the food at home, but that the drinking water was not the culprit. Many bottled waters contain more sodium than we think, so I have given up on bottled water and simply drink the ship's water. If you think that you will want to buy several bottles of water a day, there is a beverage package that includes bottled waters which may be a good value for you.

For your partner who would want a couple of soft drinks a day, buying on a pay-as-you-go might be better, although there is a soft drink package to investigate as well.

Packages are per-person and are not to be shared, so you can't buy one package and split the drinks between you, but you should each be able to find one that suits your needs, and then buy your wines at dinner.

See the sticky above for many, many posts on the beverage packages.

Thank you so much cruisestitch for your informative answer.

I guess we will purchase a premium water package and pay for alcohol beverages as they come!

I know exactly what you mean about the salt contents though, it is definately something that needs further investigation.

The water on the ship is safe to drink, although some find that it isn't to their taste. Some have reported that it contributes to swollen ankles, but others have had no difficulties in that regard. On one cruise when my ankles became swollen the ship's nurse said that it is a combination of the heat and the salt air that causes the problems, also that the food on board is more heavily salted than the food at home, but that the drinking water was not the culprit. Many bottled waters contain more sodium than we think, so I have given up on bottled water and simply drink the ship's water. If you think that you will want to buy several bottles of water a day, there is a beverage package that includes bottled waters which may be a good value for you.

For your partner who would want a couple of soft drinks a day, buying on a pay-as-you-go might be better, although there is a soft drink package to investigate as well.

Packages are per-person and are not to be shared, so you can't buy one package and split the drinks between you, but you should each be able to find one that suits your needs, and then buy your wines at dinner.

See the sticky above for many, many posts on the beverage packages.

You know you can bring bottled water onboard with you right? You can also bring two bottles of wine per cabin. A lot of people just bring a case and put a luggage tag on it and it will be delivered to your cabin. A couple of years ago we bought a case but unloaded it into our carry on and wheeled it right onboard to our cabin. I am one of those that swell up from drinking the ships water. One cruise my feet were so swollen I couldn't get my shoes on. I can drink limited amounts of items with the ship's water, such as tea, but I supplement it with bottled water.

Now we buy the premium alcohol package. It works out great for us since you can have basically anything drink up to $12 including bottled water, fresh squeezed juices, smoothies, soda, energy drinks, wine, beer, specialty coffee, frozen drinks, martinis, etc. We like being able to try new drinks and if we don't like them getting something else.

Have a great cruise.

Another thought is to buy a britta water bottle, comes with a filter and you refill with water from the tap or you can fill your personal water bottle from water in the buffet area.

We usually bring on some bottled water, soda and wine when we board. The Beverage packages and buying bottle water by the bottle is rather expensive. For our 12nt it would be well over $400 for two of us for water, soda and coffee drinks, we would not spend that much on these in 6 months time at home let alone 12 days!

We always have found the water on ships good for drinking, especially when cold.

Bev

Another thought is to buy a britta water bottle, comes with a filter and you refill with water from the tap or you can fill your personal water bottle from water in the buffet area....

Unfortunately the Brita filter does not filter out sodium and other than the high sodium content we've found that the water is just fine on almost all the cruises we've been on. And the few times we had other taste or sediment issues with the water was years ago.

Archived