First time cruise on Seabourn Quest

salbags

I am a little puzzled as to why people are asking about onboard credit and vouchers. I thought that Seabourne were all inclusive with food and drink all included.

Also would like some advice with booking and cabins. We are looking into booking for the Dalmation coast on Quest for the 17th or 24th October 2011. Have been offered the OB quote which is considerably less than booking an exact cabin. If you are going for outside veranda balcony, is it worth paying extra to secure a particular cabin.

We have never cruised before and are an active, young and trendy 50 plus couple who are a little nervous of cruising because of the all the old cliches. All advice very welcome.

Onboard credits can be used to pay for shore excursions, spa treatments, boutique shop purchases, internet costs, premium wine packages etc so they are very helpful.

Although all verandah suites are identical (from V1 to V6) location causes the price difference. If you want to be midship on a certain deck you have to pick your suite. If you don't care where you are a guarantee works great. Remember also that the verandahs in V1 and V2 are half steel and half glass while in the upper categories they are all glass.

Onboard credits can be garnered from your TA, a credit card, a referral as a first time cruiser from an existing Club member, or as a Carnival Stock holder.

If you have a port-intensive week, then it might not matter if you have a balcony suite. There are lots of places to be on deck and it's not crowded. Save the cost for something else.

If you have no preference as to your cabin, you can take the "risk" of position deck etc. But if you are the type of people who like to know where your cabin is then book a dedicated cabin. I only like midship, less motion if there is any, I also prefer a lower deck for the same reason so will always book. Having said that many people say that on modern ships this should not be a problem. There is no correct answer just the one that suits you.

Many thanks everyone.

We have now booked and paid in full for the Quest on the 24th October with a guaranteed balcony room which was considerably less than booking a specific room Have also aquired a referral voucher from a very kind co cruiser on this forum for which I am very grateful.

I will probably be asking some more questions before we depart.

Archived