Marshall's in San Juan

sk84fungirl

OK, here's the thing...

I was in San Juan April 2010 and purchased some African banana leaf jewelry. Decided to wear the jewelry at the next port stop and lost one of the earrings. Would like to go back to the store (if they are still there). Seems like it was a small shop across from Marshall's and down the street for a drug store on the corner (Walgreen's)? Either way, I know it is in OSJ and on a street that runs perpinduclar to the pier.

Can I catch the free trolley from the pier into OSJ? How close will the trolley get me to Marshall's?

I realize I can walk but will have my 81-year old mother with me. If all else fails, we will catch a taxi to Marshall's and walk from there as we have both been to San Juan previously.

Thanks!

Yes, Marshall's is still there. I stopped in on our May cruise and was able to pick up something I had forgotten to pack. :)

You can take a taxi if the walk is too much for your Mom. It's a short ride from the ship and would not cost very much. Maybe she might be better walking back as it's downhill.

Yes, Marshall's is still there. I stopped in on our May cruise and was able to pick up something I had forgotten to pack. :)

You can take a taxi if the walk is too much for your Mom. It's a short ride from the ship and would not cost very much. Maybe she might be better walking back as it's downhill.

Thanks, even if we are not off long...I want her to be able to leave the ship. I found a couple of unique shops during my last visit. Otherwise it was much of the same. She loves ice cream. So if nothing else, she will want to get off the ship and go to Cold Stone Creamery...:p

Very near Marshall's there are a few 'outlet' stores:

Coach, Burberry, Ralph Laureen, Dooney & Bourke. These are clean, attractive and pleasant to browse for a few minutes if she'd enjoy that.

There are plenty of taxis cruising the streets looking for fares so you should not have a problem getting a taxi back to the ship.

Have fun!!!! Hope it's a great cruise for you both.

Very near Marshall's there are a few 'outlet' stores:

Coach, Burberry, Ralph Laureen, Dooney & Bourke. These are clean, attractive and pleasant to browse for a few minutes if she'd enjoy that.

There are plenty of taxis cruising the streets looking for fares so you should not have a problem getting a taxi back to the ship.

Have fun!!!! Hope it's a great cruise for you both.

She probably WOULD enjoy it, BUT I can't afford it...:p

OK, here's the thing...

I was in San Juan April 2010 and purchased some African banana leaf jewelry. Decided to wear the jewelry at the next port stop and lost one of the earrings. Would like to go back to the store (if they are still there). Seems like it was a small shop across from Marshall's and down the street for a drug store on the corner (Walgreen's)? Either way, I know it is in OSJ and on a street that runs perpinduclar to the pier.

Can I catch the free trolley from the pier into OSJ? How close will the trolley get me to Marshall's?

I realize I can walk but will have my 81-year old mother with me. If all else fails, we will catch a taxi to Marshall's and walk from there as we have both been to San Juan previously.

Thanks!

You were shopping at the town square area (Playa De Armes) which is on the trolley route. You want to get off near Calle de San Jose and Calle De San Francisco. There is a gift shop across the square from Marshalls and Caddycorner to Walgreens. There are plenty of affordable shops and restaurants in the area and I love the square itself. It is definitely more affordable than the designer stores!

The trolley should be free, but if you grab a taxi, the taxi fare will probably be the minimum fare of $9 each way.

You were shopping at the town square area (Playa De Armes) which is on the trolley route. You want to get off near Calle de San Jose and Calle De San Francisco. There is a gift shop across the square from Marshalls and Caddycorner to Walgreens. There are plenty of affordable shops and restaurants in the area and I love the square itself. It is definitely more affordable than the designer stores!

The trolley should be free, but if you grab a taxi, the taxi fare will probably be the minimum fare of $9 each way.

Thanks so much. If I recall, is the main currency U.S. $$$?

Archived