Best Way To Book

kat1528

What's the best way (most efficient etc) to book a carnival cruise -

PVP, Carnival website, or outside internet agencies? Need a few cabins & would like to sit at dinner together. Thanks for any help.:confused:

We're planning a family gathering in September. We needed 4 or 5 cabins and then wanted to sit together, etc.. Because we need simple inside cabins (minimum cost), and since Carnival and RCCL don't discount any more, I felt the best route was a Carnival rep. Why mess around with TA's when you can go direct. So far, so good. If we miss out on a few virtually worthless coupon books, so be it. Let's hope it works out!

FYI....our most recent cruise (Feb 05) we booked through Carnival with a PVP. It worked great for us....no hassles....we felt comfortable that everything was through Carnival.

Besides....it was by far the best deal out there. Which is never a bad thing either!!

Your requests for cabins next to - or near each other - and to dine together will not be a problem at all. We have cruised with my family twice and the cabins were right next to each other and we were all at the same table at the seating that we chose. There were 9 of us - 6 adults and 3 kids. I think it is the BEST family vacation that there is.....something for everyone. It certainly works for us.

Enjoy!! :)

Guest Time2gocruzn

TA's DO still discount, they just can't advertise it. If you call, and on internet sites if you go thru to where you pick a cabin, the discount price will show. If you do your own research and know what you want, I would go w/ a good online agency. Unfortunately, we are not allowed to name names when it comes to TA's on this board. I booked 2 cabins thru my online TA. She always answered my ?'s and was helpful. However, I was not allowed to directly ask Carnival any questions about my reservation, and if I tried they told me I had to go thru my TA. I just asked our TA to link our reservation #'s. If you do that you will be sat together. I have never found the lowest price at Carnival, but rather at an online TA. It may seem easier but I'd rather save $$. JMO:)

I will be on the Miracle 3 weeks from today.I booked my cruise dec 29th 04.I am quite savvy,I checked dozens of TA's including carnival,and all those .coms.promising the lowest price.Guess where I got the cheapest and most friendly ta????? Walmart travel!! They have been amazing.My mom and 2 sisters and husbands also called and booked through them as well.We all live in different states,but walmart travel made it very easy for us!:)

We have ALWAYS booked with our Carnival PVP. You may e-mail me at kodiac_@ureach.com (kodiac underscore @ ureach.com) and I will provide you with the name and phone number of my Carnival PVP. He will take EXCELLENT care of you.

Give him a try. If you are not satisified he can always transfer your booking over to your own TA after you make a deposit.

The reason we always book with PVP vs our TA: We get great prices, great service, and extras from time to time (wine, free drinks at the bar, etc).

going through carnival directly works best i think...les hassle...eliminating the middle man...and carnival will match a rate if u can show them a quote...good luck

We had a quote from an online TA for more than $200 less, after booking directly with Carnival. They would not match the price, they 'transferred' the booking to the TA.

Archived