Just off the ship, can I get back on please?

phoebedog

Hello,

Just to say I had such a wonderful first ever cruise (Scandinavian Getaway, 31st July, Ryndam) I have booked for next June already.

Our ship was full of the most lovely, friendly (mostly American) people.

You are great company!

I didn't want to get off and I can't wait to get back on.:):):)

You did the rational thing ... you booked another cruise! That's about the only way to deal with the "downer" of having to get off the ship.

Eight weeks from now we'll be on the Maasdam, and I know I will have the same feeling I always have when crossing the gangway for the last time at the end of the cruise.

Hello,

Just to say I had such a wonderful first ever cruise (Scandinavian Getaway, 31st July, Ryndam) I have booked for next June already.

You are great company!

Yippee, I am packing right now to get on the Ryndam. Loved getting your report. :D

Yippee, I am packing right now to get on the Ryndam. Loved getting your report. :D

And you are going to Malta!! My favourite place in the whole world.

I will be there soon myself but not by ship:(

Have a lovely time.

Hello,

You are great company!

I have been on HAL for over 30 voyages and I ask myself the same question after each sailing.

Hello,

You are great company!

I am glad you had an wonderful cruise. I know how you feel about getting off of those DAM ships. I also love the Ryndam too.

David

Lucky you who are going soon.

I can't believe how much time I can spend just staring at the sea from the promenade deck. Is this normal?

I took four books but only read one.

I do the same thing on every cruise!!! I love being on those DAM ships!!

I will take about two or three books and I might finish one book but that is while I am in the cabin. If I am on promenade deck, then I am looking out to see what I can see. I love the ocean!!!

David

I do the same thing on every cruise!!! I love being on those DAM ships!!

I will take about two or three books and I might finish one book but that is while I am in the cabin. If I am on promenade deck, then I am looking out to see what I can see. I love the ocean!!!

David

Glad it's not just me! I found it totally hypnotic.

Thank you everyone for your replies. Now to Amazon books to order a little something on the Fjiords...

Talking books downloaded for free from our local library on an Ipod is the best way to enjoy both worlds - lounging at sea and listening to some great readings.

Oooh what a good idea. I will do that next time. Even sitting in the library (which I also did a lot of) I was staring out of the window.

• 4 months later...

Just looked at the list re. who's cruising where this year and see you are on the Ryndam 30th June 2012. Myself and husband were on Ryndam when you were last on (31/7/2011) AND we have booked to go on again - 30.6.2012 AND we live in Sancton only a few miles away from you - how spooky is that?!!. :)

Hello,

You are great company!

My feelings at the end of every cruise.

Archived