Will I be PC?

izzypooch

Okay, so I'm packing for my Carnival cruise, but I want to take a tee-shirt that has Royal Carribean logo. I was just wondering if anyone will think I am "making a statement" or think it is in bad taste to wear a tee-shirt advertising a competitor. Guess I could wait and buy a Carnival one, but this one is fairly new and ready to go. What do you think?

Okay, so I'm packing for my Carnival cruise, but I want to take a tee-shirt that has Royal Carribean logo. I was just wondering if anyone will think I am "making a statement" or think it is in bad taste to wear a tee-shirt advertising a competitor. Guess I could wait and buy a Carnival one, but this one is fairly new and ready to go. What do you think?

I would throw things at you. Just kidding! :D I'd wear it.

We have worn RCCL, Princess and all sorts of sports teams gear and never a look or remark. Have seen everything on a t-shirt on a cruise. My wifes fanny pack and jacket says RCCL and our bag tags are Caribe.

If I see you, I'd probably approach you and ask questions about RCI coz we're planning to book one on RCI sometime next year ;) Other than that, I usually don't pay attention. I think it's okay to wear it :)

A few weeks ago John Heald ask a guy in his Welcome Aboard show to change from an RCCL shirt to the CCL shirt that they went and got for him. I think the guy was trying to be noticed and unfortunately was rewarded for his antics.

If I had other shirts to wear, then I probably wouldn't wear the RCCL shirt.

I'm quite sure I get more grief wearing my Pats/RedSox/Bruins/Celtics gear onboard than you'll get wearing some RCL colors:)

I got razzed pretty good for wearing my Sox gear, but that was the price I paid for cruising from NY.

To the OP, I don't see any issues with you wearing that.

I'm quite sure I get more grief wearing my Pats/RedSox/Bruins/Celtics gear onboard than you'll get wearing some RCL colors:)

Why the Boston sports teams are the best!!!! But I would not wear it on a cruise that boards in NY.

LOL!!! Yes you would- especially if you sail out of Balitmore or New York!:p

To OP- you would be fine. You may get some funny comments (like hey- you got on the wrong ship, or something funny to that affect!).

Why the Boston sports teams are the best!!!! But I would not wear it on a cruise that boards in NY.

I know! But it's lonely at the top. Actually, I really don't mind because it usually ends up with my having a good conversation about sports with someone from another area of the country, which I enjoy.:)

LOL!!! Yes you would- especially if you sail out of Balitmore or New York!:p

To OP- you would be fine. You may get some funny comments (like hey- you got on the wrong ship, or something funny to that affect!).

This is the shirt I wore leaving the Legend out of NY

100_1921.jpg

Nobody will care. I'd be curious to know if I could say the same thing if it were the other way around, though.

We have one of those rolling expandable bags from Carnival. We took it on our RCI cruise and no one said a thing. Not that it would have bothered me if they did.

When we cruised with my dear FIL back many many years ago, he wore a Holland America tee shirt to one of the talks and Yes John Heard teased him and then gave him a Carnival shirt to wear. It was not a set up. My FIL was shocked because the thought he was on a HAL ship. The confusion was a hoot.

It was one of last trip with dear old Dad. So I have fond memories of wearing a off brand shirt. If I saw you ---that is what memories it would bring back. I say go for it!

Archived