Seven P&O Ships in Southampton

southsea bubble

Apparently P&O plan to have all seven of their ships in Southampton on 3rd July next year.

Interesting challenge for P&O, Southampton port and the City.

However what a once in a lifetime opportunity to experience this unique occasion.

Anyone know more about this or actually plan to travel on that date?

Wonder if there will be any other ships there that day as well ? will be a fairly well packed port.

I hope not. It's going to be mad that day, just wondering where they can put them all. Think they might be kicking out the Red Funnel from it's berth as well!!

As far as I know there's only really room for 6 ships, so I guess they'll be hunting for a small slot for Adonia..

Seriously though, I think that's a day to not drive into the city. Might just hop on the train and wander to Mayflower Park to enjoy it.

ScrozUK

OUCH!!

Just seen that there will a lot of turnaround traffic that day!

http://www.cruisetimetables.com/fromsouthamptonengland-03jul2012.html

Noticed the prices too!!

ScrozUK

Prestigious event. But perhaps a bit silly.

No doubt the brainchild of the boardroom, certainly not the brainchild of staff at the sharp end.

Think I'll give the city traffic a miss, but mebbe go see the sailaway from further down Southampton Water.

I understand that check-in for at least two ships will be in hotels on the city outskirts, with pax being bussed to the pier.

Then presumably they'll have to climb over a couple of ships to reach their own :D

JB :)

Prestigious event. But perhaps a bit silly.

No doubt the brainchild of the boardroom, certainly not the brainchild of staff at the sharp end.

Think I'll give the city traffic a miss, but mebbe go see the sailaway from further down Southampton Water.

I understand that check-in for at least two ships will be in hotels on the city outskirts, with pax being bussed to the pier.

Then presumably they'll have to climb over a couple of ships to reach their own :D

JB :)

No other cruise ships booked for that day and hopefully local traffic will be advised to keep clear of the city.

Will be a major logistics challenge but hey ho.......

Understand that the Rose Bowl cricket ground, just off the M27 has been booked for check in of 2 ships (passengers will be coached in from there)

Unsure how the baggage reclaim will work though as possibility of between 30,000 - 40,000 pieces of baggage to lay out and reclaim on debark

Archived