Ph3

cdurocher99

Good evening,

Would anyone have stayed in the PH cabins on Deck 9 of the Marina?

Welcome to the posting world of cruisecritic. I am sure that many indeed have done so!:D

Forgive me; hopefully, other posters will respond in a more serious vein.:) BTW, we loved our Oceanview C cabin in June, floor to ceiling windows.

I believe the PH category are located on the decks above deck 9. Haven't been on the Marina yet but hear it is splendid.

Sorry guys, that is incorrect.

125800.jpg

There are two select penthouses, abutting the Owners Suite on Deck 9.

Hi, Jim and Stan,

Can you elaborate on the PH3's that are termed "select?" They are 9138 and 9145 which are next to the Owners Suite. Are the interiors of these staterooms larger than normal PH3? Do they have more balcony area? We are booked on Marina for next year and in a midship PH2. Would one of these be a better choice if we can still get it? Your opinions are always valued. Thanks.

Hi, Jim and Stan,

Can you elaborate on the PH3's that are termed "select?" They are 9138 and 9145 which are next to the Owners Suite. Are the interiors of these staterooms larger than normal PH3? Do they have more balcony area? We are booked on Marina for next year and in a midship PH2. Would one of these be a better choice if we can still get it? Your opinions are always valued. Thanks.

Sorry, LovetoCruise, 9138 and 9145 are "select" only by virtue of their rarefied location next to one of the biggest Suites on the ship.

The Penthouses which I would fight for (and have) are 7130 and 7135.

202531.jpg

Although the room is a scosche smaller, both of those rooms have those truly giant wrap around verandas right out of an MGM musical, and, of course, those stupendous aft views of the wake.....

141005.jpg035438.jpg

Thanks for your quick reply about those 7th deck PH3's. By a scosche, do you mean a smidgen, an iota, or a scintilla? Where do you see the difference inside the stateroom? Sounds like the huge balcony more than makes up for the stateroom being a bit smaller. Where do they take those extra 10 square feet from???:)

Thanks for your quick reply about those 7th deck PH3's. By a scosche, do you mean a smidgen, an iota, or a scintilla? Where do you see the difference inside the stateroom? Sounds like the huge balcony more than makes up for the stateroom being a bit smaller. Where do they take those extra 10 square feet from???:)

If you want to be literal, the room is narrower by "about" ten inches or so, along its' entire length. In the sleeping and the seating area, this is such a small difference, that it might not be noticed at first.

Penthouse+Suite+Overhead_Marina.jpeg

Unfortunately, you "feel" the difference most in the closet. There is still oodles of storage, but it feels tight in there, once the clothes are hung.

_DSC0169.small.JPG

Note: An "Oodle" is fractionally less than "heaps" but should not be confused with "scads"

Additionally, since the Maiden Voyage, more patio furniture has been added to 7130 and 7135 on the Marina, making those huge veranda much more pleasant and welcoming. :D

I'm told that The Riviera will start out with the same equipment.

002114.jpg

How do you get such wonderful pictures of the Marina? I am interested in seeing close-ups of portside towards the front, specifically the balconies of the two A-1 cabins there. Do you have a website I might visit?

Thanks for all the great info you give to this board.

Could you please explain how you put images straight into your post and not as an attachment - or point me to the instructions.

:cool:

To include an image that is not uploaded as an attachment and is located on another website, you can do so by copying the full URL of the image, (not the page on which the image is located), and either pressing the 'Insert Image' icon or by typing before the URL and after it, ensuring that you do not have any spaces before or after the URL of the image. You can insert pictures from your albums (?) in this way too.

How do you get such wonderful pictures of the Marina? I am interested in seeing close-ups of portside towards the front, specifically the balconies of the two A-1 cabins there. Do you have a website I might visit?

Thanks for all the great info you give to this board.

Most of the Marina photo's that I post were either taken by me personally, or sent to me by friends or fellow collectors.

From your description, I believe that you want to see Deck 12 forward, where there are two A1 cabins on either side of the ship , between the Vista Suite forward and the Oceania Suites aft.

133428.jpg

If so, this is the best view that I have right now:

085405.jpg085406.jpg You are looking at the port side of the ship.

Deck 12 is the deck above the bridge, and if you can identify the run of large Oceania Suite verandahs, it will be easy to spot the two smaller verandahs of the A1's, forward of them.

I hope that this helped. :D

Apologies that this is off original topic,

thanks for your reply but somehow I am not able to make mine any bigger than a thumbnail. :(

How did you copy deckplan? - only way I was able to was by using MS Onenote's screen clip, then converting it to a JPG, then uploading from desktop - I'm sure there's an easier way...

sunglasses.jpg.c0f6ded88f470dc101832aa11dfe6f71.jpg

ddd.jpg.53abf32936c6e8cd78756c43eb46da04.jpg

Apologies that this is off original topic,

thanks for your reply but somehow I am not able to make mine any bigger than a thumbnail. :(

How did you copy deckplan? - only way I was able to was by using MS Onenote's screen clip, then converting it to a JPG, then uploading from desktop - I'm sure there's an easier way...

[ATTACH]204629[/ATTACH]

I do a Google search, and sort results until I find a jpeg that is the size that I want to put in my post. Sometimes it takes ten seconds, sometimes twenty minutes.

I do a Google search, and sort results until I find a jpeg that is the size that I want to put in my post. Sometimes it takes ten seconds, sometimes twenty minutes.
deckplans.htmsearch?tbm=isch&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aofficial&hl=en&source=hp&biw=1280&bih=598&q=Insignia+deck+plan&gbv=2&oq=Insignia+deck+plan&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&gs_sm=e&gs_upl=4773l10847l0l11138l18l18l0l7l7l0l386l2939l1.1.4.5l11l0

Eureka! Many thanks - I've sorted out the URL / google search - just need to work out how to insert my own photos - I suppose if I uploaded them to some photo storage site, I could perhaps do the same process.

439x.jpg

deckplans.htm

Thanks again, Jim and Stan. You are a wonderful source of information.

((Blush)) Thanks very much, but honestly, we all learn from each other.

When I jump in to answer a question, I'm standing on the shoulders of Jancruz, Hondorner, Orchestrapal, LHT, Cintipam and literally dozens of others who shall have to go nameless, because I've just finished my second Storm Surge (half Hurricane Cocktail and half Long Island Iced Tea). :rolleyes:

Irene Who?

First, thanks for the helpful information about Marina's 7135 which we managed to book for a cruise next year. The question, however, is this: Does Stateroom 7135 (and its nextdoor neighbor 7130) have a higher tariff than other PH3's? If this is so, where would that information be stated? I always assumed, perhaps incorrectly, that all PH's were created equal, and only their location made the price difference. But are those two coveted stern PH3's considered a separate category and are thus higher priced? We are getting a bit of a runaround on this and would like your opinions. We appreciate any comments you may have.

First, thanks for the helpful information about Marina's 7135 which we managed to book for a cruise next year. The question, however, is this: Does Stateroom 7135 (and its nextdoor neighbor 7130) have a higher tariff than other PH3's? If this is so, where would that information be stated? I always assumed, perhaps incorrectly, that all PH's were created equal, and only their location made the price difference. But are those two coveted stern PH3's considered a separate category and are thus higher priced? We are getting a bit of a runaround on this and would like your opinions. We appreciate any comments you may have.

There is no difference in the price, whatsoever, between 7130/7135 and the rest of the PH3's. Not a penny.

On the subject of the difference in width between 7133 and 7135 we felt the need to caution our neighbours in 7135 when they came to visit us in 7133, next door.

(OK - secretly we coveted their large balcony and tried our best to make them covet our extra 10 inches...)

My 'top tip' is to try to make friends with your neighbours and share! (our neighbours were very generous with their considerable acreage of balcony)

?ui=2&ik=f0f1e33800&view=att&th=1323f1459fd5bda7&attid=0.1&disp=inline&realattid=f_gs8yjh0a0&zw

On the subject of the difference in width between 7133 and 7135 we felt the need to caution our neighbours in 7135 when they came to visit us in 7133, next door.

(OK - secretly we coveted their large balcony and tried our best to make them covet our extra 10 inches...)

My 'top tip' is to try to make friends with your neighbours and share! (our neighbours were very generous with their considerable acreage of balcony)

Hi Adrian!

You are giving good advice - to make friends with your neighbours and share - if they have something coveted to share!

We enjoyed sharing our huge balcony with the two of you. We knew that your coveting was no secret, however, from our pre cruise bantering:)

We did covet the extra 10 inches of your cabin, but our balcony was the place to be for sailaways and happy hours, right??

Archived