Booking Celebrity While On Royal Carib

I have tried searching for this answer but haven't found it. We are going on the Enchantment this fall and want to book a Celebrity European cruise for next year. Has anyone done this or anyone know if it can be done? Do you get all the normal benefits of an onboard booking? Thanks for any help.

I have tried searching for this answer but haven't found it. We are going on the Enchantment this fall and want to book a Celebrity European cruise for next year. Has anyone done this or anyone know if it can be done? Do you get all the normal benefits of an onboard booking? Thanks for any help.

I called Celebrity yesterday trying to find out where "Silhoutte" out of NJ in 2013 went. She said they had nothing out of NJ in 2013 :(. I asked her since I was sailing RCCL in November could I book a Celebrity Cruise - the answer was no. The two companies split in 2/11. Neither can book for the other. In fact, she said they do not share any information. RCCL moved their people to Ft. Lauderdale.

We have booked a Celebrity cruise while on RCCL....and we've booked RCCL while on Celebrity.

We just got off of the Constellation in Apr/May/June 2011 and several passengers booked RC ships while on board. Interestingly, though, clients were encouraged by the Loyality Ambassador to book Celebrity over RC. There is definately a crack between the two sister companies on the Celebrity end of things. While we were on the Liberty in Feb 2011 we were invited by the RC Loyality Ambassador to book with Celebrity in terms of an open booking.

Thanks for keeping my hopes alive. We will book the Celebrity cruise if at all possible as itis on the Silhouette which is brand new this year. If not we will probably book the Mariner for both a Med and transatlantic. We spent 30 days on the Mariner this year when she went around from Los Angeles to Brazil so it would be very familiar.

Kathy

Yes you can do it and you get the shipboard credit etc - our LOS cruise in Oct this year was booked on Celebrity Summit last fall, and the Summit was booked on a RCCL cruise. So no problem.

I called Celebrity yesterday trying to find out where "Silhoutte" out of NJ in 2013 went. She said they had nothing out of NJ in 2013 :(. I asked her since I was sailing RCCL in November could I book a Celebrity Cruise - the answer was no. The two companies split in 2/11. Neither can book for the other. In fact, she said they do not share any information. RCCL moved their people to Ft. Lauderdale.

:confused:

1) The 2013 cruise itineraries will not be released until about April or May of 2012 (for both RCI and Celebrity).

2) The two companies did not "split" in 2/11. Both cruise lines Celebrity and RCI (Royal Caribbean International) are owned and operated by the same parent corporation (RCCL - Royal Caribbean Cruises Limited).

3) Yes, you absolutely can book a Celebrity cruise while on an RCI ship or an RCI cruise while on a Celebrity ship and receive perks.

:confused:

2) The two companies did not "split" in 2/11. Both cruise lines Celebrity and RCI (Royal Caribbean International) are owned and operated by the same parent corporation (RCCL - Royal Caribbean Cruises Limited).

They didn't "split" but they did in a way. The vacation planner teams did have to decide if they were going to be selling RCI or Celebrity cruises and they are now in separate offices. I had two vacation planners that I always dealt with for booking my cruises and lucky for me one chose RCI and the other chose Celebrity so I didn't have to change people.:)

Is the OBC the same? I asked about booking Celebrity (short 4 day cruise) while on Freedom last year. I was told the balcony discount was only $25 and we weren't 100% sure we could go at the time so I just waited and booked w/Celebrity direct.

But in looking at 2012 summer cruises, there is a Celebrity one that is appealing and we'll be on Oasis next month (~giddy~). It is hard right now to beat the RCCL 6+ months Diamond balcony discount + OBC ($325 reduction in total) if all we get on X is a $25 discount. Is that accurate? Thanks

Is the OBC the same? I asked about booking Celebrity (short 4 day cruise) while on Freedom last year. I was told the balcony discount was only $25 and we weren't 100% sure we could go at the time so I just waited and booked w/Celebrity direct.

But in looking at 2012 summer cruises, there is a Celebrity one that is appealing and we'll be on Oasis next month (~giddy~). It is hard right now to beat the RCCL 6+ months Diamond balcony discount + OBC ($325 reduction in total) if all we get on X is a $25 discount. Is that accurate? Thanks

There is no balcony discount on Celebrity. You can receive OBC for booking a future cruise while on a current cruise (be it a Celebrity or an RCI cruise that you are currently on). The OBC is based on the length of the cruise, not the stateroom category. Only RCI''s loyalty program (Crown & Anchor) has balcony and suite discounts for loyalty club members (once you reach at least platinum status), Celebrity's Captain's Club does not have such a perk.

There is no balcony discount on Celebrity. You can receive OBC for booking a future cruise while on a current cruise (be it a Celebrity or an RCI cruise that you are currently on). The OBC is based on the length of the cruise, not the stateroom category. Only RCI''s loyalty program (Crown & Anchor) has balcony and suite discounts for loyalty club members (once you reach at least platinum status), Celebrity's Captain's Club does not have such a perk.

Thank you! The $25 must have been the OBC for a 4 nighter. Like I said, at the time it wasn't worth it to us. Getting the Elite status once onboard was nice tho!

We recently returned from the Navigator of the Seas and they had X brochures on board as well and it implied that either company could be booked. Also there were offering OBC for both companies, however OBC for X was more than RCI.

While on the IOS in June we booked a Celebrity cruise for Feb 2012. $100 pp deposit, 2 category upgrade, and OBC. We knew exactly what cruise we wanted. Sat down with the LA and we were done in 10 minutes!

Thank you so much.

We booked on Celebrity for RCL cruises. The answer I got was: if you book specific cruise, i.e. Century, Jan 3, 2012, you get all the bells and whistles. But, if you book an open - future cruise certificate - i.e, you want to figure out what and when, you only get a token OBC, and reduced deposit.

We booked specific ship and date, got our balcony discount and OBC. We booked on Celebrity in Feb for a Nov RCL cruise.

Archived