Get passes at Dockyard?

pk1

Yes, Transportation Passes, good on both the ferries and buses can be purchased at the Visitor Information Centres. There are 3 permanent VICs and sometimes a temporary one. There is one on each of the wharves, King's and Heritage and one near the ferry dock. The temporary is located approximately where the 2 wharves join and intersect with the ramp to the shore.

SBtS

One thing to keep in mind is if you want to take the first ferry (7:30AM) that the ticket booth will not be open yet. We bought our passes the day before so we were okay but there was some who didn't have any tickets. Thankfully they were allowed to pay the one way fair in cash on board the ferry.

from the Bermuda bus schedule:

Obtaining Tokens, Tickets and Passes: Tokens, Tickets, and Transportation Passes are available from the DPT Central Terminal on Washington Street, in Hamilton. Tokens and Transportation Passes are also available at many hotels and guest houses, and from the Visitors Information Centre. Tickets, and Adult Passes are available at many sub-post offices. The Central Terminal hours of operation are 7:15am-7:00pm Monday-Friday, 8:00am-6:30pm on Saturday, and 8:30am-5:30pm on Sundays and Holidays.

What is posted here may not be of help if you are at the Dockyard. So I'll SWAG it for the hours of operation, 9am to 5pm, for the Visitors Information Centres there. I would think that on arrival day by the time the cruise ship is cleared, the VIC would be open; and after that, buy the transportation pass, tokens, or tickets the day before you need it.

BTW, the "ticket booths" are buildings (Visitors Information Centre).

SBtS

from the Bermuda bus schedule:

Obtaining Tokens, Tickets and Passes: Tokens, Tickets, and Transportation Passes are available from the DPT Central Terminal on Washington Street, in Hamilton. Tokens and Transportation Passes are also available at many hotels and guest houses, and from the Visitors Information Centre. Tickets, and Adult Passes are available at many sub-post offices. The Central Terminal hours of operation are 7:15am-7:00pm Monday-Friday, 8:00am-6:30pm on Saturday, and 8:30am-5:30pm on Sundays and Holidays.

What is posted here may not be of help if you are at the Dockyard. So I'll SWAG it for the hours of operation, 9am to 5pm, for the Visitors Information Centres there. I would think that on arrival day by the time the cruise ship is cleared, the VIC would be open; and after that, buy the transportation pass, tokens, or tickets the day before you need it.

BTW, the "ticket booths" are buildings (Visitors Information Centre).

SBtS

Allow me to reiterate that ticket books are not available at Dockyard...only tokens and passes.

• 2 weeks later...
Lines at the ticket booths can sometimes be very long. Some cruise lines also will have the passes at their guest relations desks. I know I have purchased them on board Explorer and Enchantment of the seas.

Thanks Mike, I will be going on the Explorer in a few weeks and glad to know that I can puchase the passes on board.

Archived