Banana Coast?

RBCL

Wondering if any of you have heard of Banana Coast...it is an island in Honduras being made. All lines but Carnival have declined future visits to Honduras, which leads me to beleive it might be for Carnival.

As of last week no cruise line has signed onto it but I'm pretty sure they wouldnt be building it just for the sake of building it.

Hopefully it'll be safer than Isla Roatan. I get so nervous walking outside of the city gates there.

As of last week no cruise line has signed onto it but I'm pretty sure they wouldnt be building it just for the sake of building it.

Hopefully it'll be safer than Isla Roatan. I get so nervous walking outside of the city gates there.

I've gotta disagree... Roatan is actually one of my favorite ports. The locals are kind and helpful.. they gather around the Port because most are trying tomake money (selling wares, etc.)... but I don't find it unsafe at all.

I think that you are confusing Belize (which has the gates) with Roatan (which does not have any gates). Yes the area outside Belize City is quite rough, but as long as you are on any type of tour, and go away from the city, you will see that Belize is an amazing country!

Same with Roatan - we would love to retire there at some point... absolutely in love with the island!

Archived