Oasis or Allure- opinions on when to go and what to do?

I have a dilemma and I hope you can offer your opinions on what you would do in this situation. We typically cruise in the Summer….always in a balcony and specifically prefer July for several reasons…. one of them being is the risk of hurricanes in the Caribbean being much lower in July than mid to late August. We want to cruise on the Oasis or Allure and the pricing for balconies in July is extremely steep. Of course, there is a significant price decrease of $800.00-$900.00 per cabin around mid August. Even the inside cabins in July are about $200.00-$300.00 more per cabin than a balcony in mid August.

So now the question - - would you take the cruise in July....sacrifice a balcony, stay in an inside cabin for a few hundred dollars more than a balcony in mid August but have less worry -OR- wait another month for August accept the higher risk for rain/hurricanes/itinerary changes and take a balcony for a little less than an inside in July??

One other question please....which do you prefer Oasis or Allure? Thanks!

We would never go in the summer, prices are crazy high., plus the islands are really really hot in the summer.

If weather is a an issue the cruiseline will change the itinerary. With Allure or Oasis really now you going for the ship anyway.

We choose October. We will chance the weather.

Jimbo:)

I would go in Aug for the cheaper price and take a chance with the weather. We just cruised in June and had rain almost every day - so you never know. :eek:

Been on both ships and we liked the service on Oasis better but both are awesome ships and you really can't go wrong with either one. Rita's Fiesta is a lot of fun but it's only on Allure :D

To be honest, we had a jr suite on the Oasis may28-june2 and were never in the room. I felt like we wasted the extra money. There was so much to do that we were out and about the entire seven days. Have you had an inside cabin before? I've sailed many times and only had an inside once. I really didn't like it, but if you can live with it then it certainly saves you money. You are right about hurricane season with more storms (usually) during august. Another post said the ship is the destination and I wholeheartedly agree. If the ports are not that important to you and you can live with an inside I would book for august. We had rainy weather three out of seven days. I have found that march and April have had the best weather overall, but it's just my opinion. I'm guessing you have to travel in the summer. Oasis is our pick strictly due to the sat-sat schedule ( like to have Sunday to recover). We loved it so much we are going on Oasis again next April. She's a beauty and everyone should see it at least once. Have a great time and If you have any other questions I'll be glad to help if I can.

I would try and get the balcony, which sounds like means August.

As you will see mentioned a lot when talking about Oasis and Allure, the view of the ocean is more limited than on other ships. Sitting out on our balcony watching the waves was extremely relaxing for us.

To be honest, we had a jr suite on the Oasis may28-june2 and were never in the room. I felt like we wasted the extra money. There was so much to do that we were out and about the entire seven days. Have you had an inside cabin before? I've sailed many times and only had an inside once. I really didn't like it, but if you can live with it then it certainly saves you money. You are right about hurricane season with more storms (usually) during august. Another post said the ship is the destination and I wholeheartedly agree. If the ports are not that important to you and you can live with an inside I would book for august. We had rainy weather three out of seven days. I have found that march and April have had the best weather overall, but it's just my opinion. I'm guessing you have to travel in the summer. Oasis is our pick strictly due to the sat-sat schedule ( like to have Sunday to recover). We loved it so much we are going on Oasis again next April. She's a beauty and everyone should see it at least once. Have a great time and If you have any other questions I'll be glad to help if I can.

Thanks, perhaps I wasn’t clear or you may have misunderstood but an inside cabin in July is actually more money than a balcony in August. I have not taken a cruise in an inside but I do know what they are like from booking my kids in them. Honestly, I don’t think I will like it…a small part of the cruising experience for me is the balcony. I just have more concerns cruising in mid August. I am beginning to wonder though and as you pointed out that just maybe cruising in an inside cabin on these ships may not be that bad after all. I would still be paying more and have no balcony....sigh...these decisions are tough...but fun too!:)

Archived