Sensation - IRENE... would you board today?

Tom-n-Cheryl

I two worrds Tom ,,,, Hell Yes , Maybe it is because I have been in much worse ( 30-40ft ) seas in the North Atlantic in the winter time , we also sailed right into Hugo and dawdled around in the center for awhile .

I would still eat if they were serving , trick is to wet the area under the plate with napkins or cloth so the plates stay on the table . lol - you get your sea legs then as well .

CARNIVAL SENSATION – 8/25/11

We have decided to cancel our visit to Nassau, and instead, will provide an overnight call on the beautiful port of Key West on Friday.

Below is our revised itinerary:

Day Port of Call Arrive Depart_

Thu Port Canaveral (Orlando), FL 4:00 PM

Fri Key West, FL 12:00PM overnight

Sat Key West, FL overnight 6:00 AM

Sun Port Canaveral (Orlando), FL 8:00 AM

Makes sense!

Fascination and Fantasy updates HERE as well!

Tom

We'd go/. As Jimmy Buffett says - the stories we can tell... :eek::D

Been through or around (as the cruises go) a few hurricanes while cruising and had waves up to 20 feet and maybe more on the earlier cruises that I wasn't paying attention to detail but to the horizon going up and down... LOL But they are good stories.. :p Bonine is something we always take with us in case.. :)

I just read John's FB.........

Sensation is going to Key West......

I would go on this Cruise........

I would just find me a chair and sit down..........

I Cruised on the Carnival's Celebration

many times,,,,,,,,that little Ship

did some rocking...........

Happy Cruising....

We had the Glory scheduled last year...and Earl got right in the way.

We were no shows....lost the entire fare.

However, we live right by the port (10 minutes by cab) so no plane fares were involved.

The money was spent...and I figured going on the cruise would only compound the problem. (I heard that it was a very bumpy ride and excursions canceled...so I made the right decision for me.)

I have the same trip scheduled this year...on 9/1. I have "my patches" ready.

And I have friends who think I am lucky all because I live four and five hours from a couple port cities!:eek:

10 minutes......! I'm jealous lol

And I have friends who think I am lucky all because I live four and five hours from a couple port cities!:eek:

10 minutes......! I'm jealous lol

I am too!:eek:

(we are about DOUBLE that distance... ~20 minutes)! :D

Tom

Makes sense!

Fascination and Fantasy updates HERE as well!

Tom

I would hope those missing Bermuda will be a plus for those cruisers, they get a cruise to an area they don't normally get to go to, right? They can still go to Bermuda another time. I know there will be some squakers saying their excursions were preplanned and now they are not) Enjoy Key West, we do. We here in Florida don't get the option of Bermuda, but would like it sometime.

I just heard from someone on the ship that they plan on leaving at 3:30 instead of 4:00 today. I am sure they want to get out, and head somewhere else FAST!

Tom

Disney Dream heading out at 3:00

Interesting seas awaiting both ships leaving from PC :(

Are you kidding me?!?!?!

I know Irene will NOT be hitting Port Canaveral, therefore my car will be safe.

I know Irene will NOT be hitting my house here in Charleston, therefore, the rest of my belongings are safe.

I would be doing cartwheels up the gangplank and hoping that alot of folks would wimp out and not go.

I love the rocking of the seas and have enjoyed both times we had rough seas on our previous cruises.

One being a 4 day Sensation cruise, where we had to pass directly behind a hurricane heading for Bermuda and the last night at sea was like watching the Perfect Storm.

Was a ton of fun....(except all of the luggage in the hallway waiting to be picked up, rolling up and down the hallway.)

Bill

The Fantasy gets to go to Cozumel and Key West, I would take that trade anyday.

Like was said before, you can always hit Bermuda from Charleston another time.

But a western itinerary from Charleston is non-existant.

Bill

The Fantasy gets to go to Cozumel and Key West, I would take that trade anyday.

Like was said before, you can always hit Bermuda from Charleston another time.

But a western itinerary from Charleston is non-existant.

Bill

Not to mention that both that and the Sensation going to Key West shows that it "can be done". I would push for every few sailings making such a change (assuming Key West would "permit" more ships coming there in the absence of accommodating needs such as this)!

Tom

Not to mention that both that and the Sensation going to Key West shows that it "can be done". I would push for every few sailings making such a change (assuming Key West would "permit" more ships coming there in the absence of accommodating needs such as this)!

Tom

I was just liking the hours in Key West for the Fantasy.

Until 7PM!!!!!!!!!!!

I was thinking the same thing about why Carnival can't do 7 day cruises from Charleston or Jacksonville and go to Cozumel, Grand Cayman or Key West regularily.

Bill

Archived