??'s for 5 night and 4 night dress code

mari amoris

Hi All!!

This is my very first post. My travel agent suggested this site. Wow! Can't stop reading.

We just booked a 5 night and a 4 night on Millennium. I have never been on a short cruise. What I'm wondering is are they more casual? I have been on several 10+ day cruises and have found that for the most part people tend to dress as the dress code states but I have read that the shorter cruises are or seem to be more of a party type atmosphere with that said does that mean that people might not dress up as much or wear more casual clothes like jeans? I just want to know so I can pack accordingly. There is only one formal night for each part of the cruise and if the trend is to dress less then I will probably decide on a cocktail dress instead of a long more formal dress.

Please help I tend to overpack and I tend to dress to the 9's and if the overall atmosphere is more casual then I am okay with that as long as I am prepared.

Thanks in advance.

Mj

Hi, welcome to cruise critic! We did the 4/5 night btb this past March on the Century. I don't think as many people dressed formally but those that did went all out. We had dinner in Muranos both formal night and folks in there definitely dressed - we saw some turned away and some offered jackets.

We loved this btb itenirary and are seriously looking at the Millenium ourselves. We last cruised her in 2008 and had a wonderful time.

Hi, welcome to cruise critic! We did the 4/5 night btb this past March on the Century. I don't think as many people dressed formally but those that did went all out. We had dinner in Muranos both formal night and folks in there definitely dressed - we saw some turned away and some offered jackets.

We loved this btb itenirary and are seriously looking at the Millenium ourselves. We last cruised her in 2008 and had a wonderful time.

Thank you so much for the warm welcome!

My husband will be taking his tux but not sure he'll want to take along an extra jacket for The Olympic? Do you think they dry clean the loaners? It would ruin my husbands evening if he had to sit wearing a soiled jacket. Will he need a tie?

Thanks, Mj

Funny thing the jackets are soiled but you only need to wear it into the room and can leave it on the back of your chair. Interesting concept I should have found out if he has to wear it out of the room or can just leave it on the chair? Which I am told is how they got the loaners :)

Archived