One Sole shoes

Wayfairers

Does anyone have experience with One Sole shoes? I bought a pair with the most flat heel they offer and 3 toppers and so far I love them. Wondering if anyone has long term experience with these? Do they continue to be comfortable? Do the toppers stretch over time?

I have 2 pairs (small wedge and the traveler sole) of these and 8 tops. I love them. So far the tops have been holding up well. I have a couple of buckle tops also. I am looking forward to taking them on the cruise since they will pack so easily!

I have a pair in the lowest heel, had them about 5 years and I love them.

They've held up really well except I've now worn a quarter size spot in an insole under the heel of one foot. I see that you can now buy 'summer soles' to fit on top, so I may order a pair to cover the spot. My 4 toppers have never stretched, but don't wear the shoes in rain. I ran to my car last summer in a downpour and the insole covering got so slippery that my foot was sliding forward out of the stretchy toppers.

..... but don't wear the shoes in rain. I ran to my car last summer in a downpour and the insole covering got so slippery that my foot was sliding forward out of the stretchy toppers.

Good information. I've not worn mine in the rain yet and now I don't think I ever will. I quit wearing crocs because they get so slick when on wet or damp tile floors.

• 3 weeks later...

I recently got two pairs of One Sole shoes. The wedge style and the traveler.

I'm going to be buying some extra tops because I just have the black and beige top, but what a GREAT idea these shoes are! You can have multiple shoes with just one or two bottoms, saving a lot of money and room in your suitcase!

How many of us are smacking our foreheads going "why didn't I think of this?" LOL :D

Looking forward to taking them with me on my upcoming cruise!

I recently got two pairs of One Sole shoes. The wedge style and the traveler.

I'm going to be buying some extra tops because I just have the black and beige top, but what a GREAT idea these shoes are! You can have multiple shoes with just one or two bottoms, saving a lot of money and room in your suitcase!

How many of us are smacking our foreheads going "why didn't I think of this?" LOL :D

Looking forward to taking them with me on my upcoming cruise!

I agree - someone should have thought of these shoes a long time ago. :) They have some really cute tops!

Thanks for the info! Are the buckle tops comfortable? I bought mine with travel in mind - so nice to have different looks with only one shoe!

I'd also like to know if the buckle tops are comfortable? Are the non-stretchy tops comfortable too?

I think this sounds like a great idea.

Do the sizes run the same as regular shoes or sandals?

I have wide feet would I be able to wear these?

Thanks.

I have wide feet and I love mine. Nothing cutting into the sides of my feet or rubbing hard on my baby toes. I think I may have gone up a size in the toppers though I seem to remember.

I think this sounds like a great idea.

Do the sizes run the same as regular shoes or sandals?

I have wide feet would I be able to wear these?

Thanks.

I read on line that they tend to run small. I normally wear a 6 or 6.5 but in shoes that run small I wear a 7 so I ordered a 7 and they fit perfectly. The web site tells you what size topper to order for the shoe size. Some people order a size larger, but I ordered the recommended size and it worked great.

I don't have wide feet so can't help you there.

I'd also like to know if the buckle tops are comfortable? Are the non-stretchy tops comfortable too?

I have 2 pair of the buckles, gold and silver - and yes, they are very comfortable. I have 4 different soles (black and faux cork), and a whole bunch of different tops. I brought mine on the last couple of cruises and always had comfortable feet around the ship.

Do be careful though, because they are positively deadly when your feet are wet. I came home in a rainstorm and ran from the car to the house and was so glad there wasn't a video camera around because I felt like a fox on the ice slipping and sliding through my shoes. It's the foot base that is uber-slippery, not the bottom of the sole, you'll fly right out of the end of them! LOL

Smooth Sailing!

I came home in a rainstorm and ran from the car to the house and was so glad there wasn't a video camera around because I felt like a fox on the ice slipping and sliding through my shoes

I may be on youtube somewhere! :o

I did it across a retail store plaza parking lot while running to my car in a downpour.

I have 2 pair of the buckles, gold and silver - and yes, they are very comfortable. I have 4 different soles (black and faux cork), and a whole bunch of different tops. I brought mine on the last couple of cruises and always had comfortable feet around the ship.

Do be careful though, because they are positively deadly when your feet are wet. I came home in a rainstorm and ran from the car to the house and was so glad there wasn't a video camera around because I felt like a fox on the ice slipping and sliding through my shoes. It's the foot base that is uber-slippery, not the bottom of the sole, you'll fly right out of the end of them! LOL

Smooth Sailing!

Even though the inside part is kind of fuzzy? It's still slippery? :confused:

• 4 months later...
Even though the inside part is kind of fuzzy? It's still slippery? :confused:

Mine were extremely slippery when the part against the sole of my foot got wet. I don't know if all the style are made the same though.

This just reminded me to look for some stores for when I go to Floida in March. Anyone know of any good stores in South Orlando or Dunedin areas or inbetween? I will have rental car.

I loved my Onesoles. Unfortunately my foot doctor didn't. Bad ankles, now this old lady needs granny shoes.

I have a couple of pairs of size 11, with a few tops, if anybody wants'em I will be back on land in about 10 days.

Dulcimergirl, I'm sorry to hear that - you've been one of Onesoles greatest cheerleaders. Unfortunately my shoes are a smaller size, or I'd snap yours up in a heartbeat!

I was just thinking about the footbed being so slippery when it gets wet - I'm going to try the gel cushions for the ball of your foot that adhere to the shoe. That might just do the trick.

We'll be going to Japan in 2 months and my Onesoles are already waiting to be packed.

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

I loved my Onesoles. Unfortunately my foot doctor didn't. Bad ankles, now this old lady needs granny shoes.

I have a couple of pairs of size 11, with a few tops, if anybody wants'em I will be back on land in about 10 days.:)

What size are the tops? I couldn't wear the 11s, but the tops might work.

Archived