New referral promotion!

Am I the only one who thinks the $25.00 is just not enough? If Royal expects me to be a marketing tool for them and try and get friends and family to book, who will spend at least a thousand or more (supposedly) to book the cruise, and will spend hundreds on board (supposedlly) and could end up beign a partron for life .... well, I think a better thank you is in order.

Sure, .....$25.00 is better than nothing .... but like someone said above "they'll try not to spend it al lin one place" and it looks like most of yiou are not even getting paid.

If Royal wants me to talk them up and get my friends to book, I want a better incentive.

I agree! While I'll happily take my $50 (2 cabins booked) I think bringing 7 new cruisers (total) is worth more than that!

Offer not available to reservations made under group, travel agent or Royal Caribbean employee rates

I'm missing the logic behind why booking with a TA wouldn't qualify....

:confused:

Or is it just their way to pinch pinch pinch?

My friend is a first time cruiser on Royal Caribbean, but we're sharing a cabin. Would I still be able to get the credit?

Yes you will. This is from the terms of service.

Friend must be booked on same sailing as Member and may be booked in Member's or another stateroom.

I didn't get it- the underscore isn't really visible, did you put that in? And please something with RCCL in the subject so I know not to delete it.

susiev _ 18 @ hotmail.com

Thank you so much!

Hmmm. The subject line was: "$25 credit for each new friend you cruise with" Since it is HTML and I just forwarded it.

Ooops..I know what happened. There are little apostrophes around your emal address. I will try again with RCCL or similar. Sorry.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone who has successfully earned their $25 OBC for their referral... how long before your sailing date did your Bring A Friend OBC get approved? We booked in June for a cruise in December (NYE) and wondering when I should expect to see the "pending" change over to "approved" or whatever and get my OBC. Thanks!

I'm missing the logic behind why booking with a TA wouldn't qualify....

:confused:

Or is it just their way to pinch pinch pinch?

That would be "travel agent or employee rates" as in discounted rates that travel agents or employees qualify for. The only time booking with a TA would disqualify you is if they book you in a group.

I put my referrals through in the original go around (ended June 30 I think) for our trip 12/1/11 and just checked on them yesterday and they've been approved:) Last time I checked was around 6 weeks ago (it's been really hard to get that section to open):( But it's not showing up in my cruise details yet - guess I'll be taking a screen shot of the 'approved' status with me (I know sometimes the OBC doesn't show up until the 2nd day of your trip:D)

Our kids are coming along on our Allure cruise on Nov 13 and mine was also denied....thought that it was because I booked before Aug 1 bt we did book through a TA so perhaps that's the reason. Yes, the rules should say this. Perhaps I should call and inquire.

That would be "travel agent or employee rates" as in discounted rates that travel agents or employees qualify for. The only time booking with a TA would disqualify you is if they book you in a group.

First, the story was that RCL was working on the close by cruises and anything further out was not being addressed until much later.

Now, there is a new promo going and passengers are being turned down if they booked using a TA as a group.

Well, there is no discounted cabin pricing -- it is the same whether you book with RCL or not. If the TA is holding "group" space at the regular cabin pricing that is not the same thing as booking under a group rate where one or more passengers are eligible for a free cabin.

Also, not all TA's give their passengers additional freebies such as OBC, paid tips or coupons for speciality dining.

If you convinced a friend to join you, you should be entitled to the $25 OBC no matter how you booked as long as you did not pay a discounted price. You did the work, not the TA.

MARAPRINCE

You will find it in the Crown & Anchor section of the site. If you click on Refer a Friend, there is another button on the left hand side that is for "Refer a Friend Hisotory" or something close to that.

It takes quite some time to load after you click the history button.....

You will find it in the Crown & Anchor section of the site. If you click on Refer a Friend, there is another button on the left hand side that is for "Refer a Friend Hisotory" or something close to that.

It takes quite some time to load after you click the history button.....

Thamks!!

I called RCCL yesterday because it said my friend referral was denied. When I spoke to someone at the Crown and Anchor society she asked if I booked through a travel agency. I said yes, and she said it was considered a group booking and I could not get the $25. Too bad they don't list this in their rules.

Same for me. I booked a cruise through a TA for our family. I brought 4 new people into cruising with RCCL but was not eligible for the OBC because it was through a TA. Not really fair in my opinion. :mad:

[quote name='Hank1468']Anyone else having trouble viewing their Bring a Friend History? I keep getting the "RCCL is unavailable" and that they are making "enhancements" to the website.[/quote]
Hmmm, I've referred my friend twice now, and cannot see it on "history"- the link is inactive, doesn't even click through:confused::confused:

I will have to call...Im at final payment. I booked on board, but I think my friend used a TA, will they deny me??? Anyone have this situation that has experience with what Royal did?

I can see why if you both used the same TA they deny (though you could have legitamitely referrred your friedn to your TA too) becaue a TA could book a large group and have the all the C& A members in the group "refer" all the newbies for $25 each. Makes him/her look like a hero, but really the TA recruited the whole group.

• 3 weeks later...
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3]I referred my Mom and sister, 2 seperate cabins and was denied. Once again the answer when I called C&A was its a group booking!!! I always book with a TA. I feel the Royal is wrong in not allowing us that book with a TA to get this credit. My thinking is that RCCI just got two new people cruising with them and the _ _ _ _ with us![/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3]I'm sorry but I just had to vent:mad:[/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='ETski'][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3]I referred my Mom and sister, 2 seperate cabins and was denied. Once again the answer when I called C&A was its a group booking!!! I always book with a TA. I feel the Royal is wrong in not allowing us that book with a TA to get this credit. My thinking is that RCCI just got two new people cruising with them and the _ _ _ _ with us![/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3]I'm sorry but I just had to vent:mad:[/SIZE][/FONT][/quote]

Same situation here!

When I asked for the status of the earlier Bring a Friend promo, I was told based upon my sail date, it was too soon. They work on the closer sail dates first and the later ones closer to the sail date. Then the second promo came out. First, I was told yes and then not once but twice No Deal since it is a group booking!

It is completely crazy! We are talking about $25 people not $250!

Many cruise only agencies do not give any extra perks to their clients on board. The way it was explained by my TA, at the time an agency does a group hold on a certain number of cabins, it is just possible that the pricing is lower. Because they have a group reservation of cabins, they are able to offer the original price regardless of any price changes made by RCCL. However, it is interesting to note that the cabin rates for the TA's holding group space itsn't always the lowest price available. If RCCL drops the pricing, your TA can obtain the lower pricing.

So, that being said, RCCL acts like it is a really big "gift" when it amounts to a lot of nothing!

MARAPRINCE

I was denied because the cruise was booked before August 1, 2011 not because I went through a TA. After looking closer at the Terms and Conditions, I think that it is virtually impossible to qualify. The wording alone eliminates about 75% of the C&A members from participating and when you call that cuts another 15%. Leaving 10% of C&A members eligible for this promotion if they are lucky.....:(

[quote name='*Sparkle*']I was denied because the cruise was booked before August 1, 2011 not because I went through a TA. After looking closer at the Terms and Conditions, I think that it is virtually impossible to qualify. The wording alone eliminates about 75% of the C&A members from participating and when you call that cuts another 15%. Leaving 10% of C&A members eligible for this promotion if they are lucky.....:([/quote]

It is not that you booked through a TA, RCCL denies the guest referral if you or the guest booked as part of a "group" reservation. Doesn't mean you are part of an organized group that booked a number of cabins. Just that the TA held group space rate cabins and in RCCL's mind, it automatically translates to a lower rate making you ineligible for the promotion. Again, I say we are talking $25 here! RCCL gains a cabin it might not have sold and whatever revenue the cabin occupants bring it. Mind you, if you are with friends you are more likely to hang out and do things together on board than if you were alone and didn't know you way around the ship (more money spent on drinks, speciality dining, bingo, etc.). But that is not how RCCL sees it.

In our case, our friends booked at a higher rate since they booked after we did and all the rates at that time were much higher. As newbies they do not get any of the C & A benefits since it is their first sailing ever with RCCL.

MARAPRINCE

Archived