E-mail question

sp29488

If we set up an account onboard the ship and pay the internt fee can someone from home send us an e-mail to our reg. e-mail address and it not cost them anything? And the only cost to us would be the internet fee? I'm thinking this would be a good way to keep intouch with us if something came up at home and not cost the sender anything. Am I right?

No it doesnt cost anything for them to send a email. If you have a site you can get to, to retrieve your email, you just pay for your internet time. .. which is still pretty expensive with starting prices of 75 cents a minute.

I buy a hour of internet time in most ports (find a internet cafe) for $1 to $6 per hour and check up on my parents when we hit the ports.

If we set up an account onboard the ship and pay the internt fee can someone from home send us an e-mail to our reg. e-mail address and it not cost them anything? And the only cost to us would be the internet fee? I'm thinking this would be a good way to keep intouch with us if something came up at home and not cost the sender anything. Am I right?

Yeah, the cost would be on you... not the person sending the email to you.

I do have a fee free alternative for you... You and the folks left behind on shore can create accounts at Funville... it's a Carnival site and free to access on board:

http://www.carnival.com/Funville/forums/

Create a thread over on the 'Currently On Board' forum and post your experiences and have them respond! A word of caution, it's viewable by the public so you might not want to use it if the information you need to relay is personal...

:)

You can also post on Carnival.com web site, and go to Currently Onboard Forum. Carnival.com is free to use while you are on the ship. Everyone has to be registered to be able to post.

Like the previous poster said, you can also find an internet cafe at each port. I am going to try to do this on my next cruise, and not pay for the internet on my ship, even though my laptop will glare at me in my room.

If you do choose to pay for the Internet, you can go to everything, including your email, home page, etc.

Melanie

Archived