Solsitce Aft Cabins

vapple

I don't know if this is helpful, but from this picture you can see your room from the back. Also, check the S-class cabin sticky above to see if anyone has reviewed that room and can give you some feedback.

In my opinion: Pros = great views, quiet area of ship. Cons = long walk to stairs/elevators, possible problem with soot on balcony (although your far enough down it shouldn't effect you), more motion.

genericEQaft-vi.jpg

We just came back from the Med cruise on Solstice, cabin 9291. It was absolutely fine. No noise, no soot, great views. The walk from the elevators/stairs was not a big deal, especially after stuffing ourselves. No worries.

Just come back from the Silhouette and our cabin 8353 was one of the best parts of the cruise --- amazing ! Only tiny bits of soot hosed down daily by cabin steward, no noise, fantastic views, sun most of the day every day, quite private (you can only bee seen from above if you by the rail), and no wind ! Fantastic ! :D:D

Pros:

I love Aft cabins on any cruise ship. I love the perspective you get as the port fades away in the distance. You get a view of the scenery on both sides of the boat. I also love to stare at the ship's wake which marks the exact path from which you have come. Sunset Verandas are great for laying out if the pool is crowded as there is no shade to block the rays. We were in 6312 and had no problems with soot.

Cons:

On Solstice class ships the aft cabins are VERY far from the nearest elevator or stairs. I paced the distance at almost 1/4 of a mile! You better not forget anything in the Room! You must walk all the way past the center of the ship. We got plenty of exercise in port and did start to get sick of the walk.

We felt the failure to include an aft stairway was a major design flaw and wish they would change this on the Reflection.

I've had 8336 on Eclipse and just got 6304 today for Solstice in October and am highly delighted! I love the S1 rooms and the walk to walk off the excess that I seem to manage to put on whilst on holiday! I even like the pole in the S1! Counting down the days now!

Re the walk --- I've put weight on SINCE I came home ---;)

Seriously, it didn't seem that bad to us and wasn't as bad as we had expected. It was worth it to be somewhere quiet on what was not (apparently) a very quiet ship. :)

Thank you all! I always know that I will get great info from all you seasoned cruisers. We think that we will keep our aft cabins and see how they work. Hey, how bad can it be??? 12 days in the Meditteranean in a Concierge cabin on the Solstice...We are so looking forward to it!

Thanks all!

We were in 9305 on the Eclipse in July...we love the stern/aft cabins...the view of the wake and the sound is peaceful and relaxing ! We certainly don't mind the walk, and instead appreciate the lack of hallway corridor noise and foot traffic.

Yes, there will be mornings when you'll have to brush off soot from the chairs, but the cabin Attendants will make sure they wash your deck each day as well. Of the 14 days, there was only soot on 3-4 and was not excessive.

The balcony is NOT one of the largest on the stern, but is adequate.

Enjoy, and on cool nights...leave the balcony door ajar, and be lulled to sleep by the sound !

Thank you all! I always know that I will get great info from all you seasoned cruisers. We think that we will keep our aft cabins and see how they work. Hey, how bad can it be??? 12 days in the Meditteranean in a Concierge cabin on the Solstice...We are so looking forward to it!

Thanks all!

We're on the same cruise!

Karen (Aft 6304)

• 10 months later...

Hi, I just found this forum whilst seeking advice on cabins for a caribbean cruise on Eclipse - and what great advice! Thanks to everyone, it really helps newbies like me. I wanted an aft cabin but was worried about soot, don't think I need be now, and the exercise will do me good! :)

Hi, I just found this forum whilst seeking advice on cabins for a caribbean cruise on Eclipse - and what great advice! Thanks to everyone, it really helps newbies like me. I wanted an aft cabin but was worried about soot, don't think I need be now, and the exercise will do me good! :)

You will love it !!!!!!!!

:)

I'm an almost newbie. My virgin cruise was of the Baltics on the NCL Sun last May and I had an aft cabin and LOVED it! I'm now in the planning stages of my next cruise and am seriously contemplating an aft cabin again, probably on the Eclipse on the transatlantic heading west out of Southampton at the end of October. My only question is how much motion there may be in the middle of the Atlantic. I was fine last year mind you so were the seas. Have any of you sailed on a transatlantic crossing and if so, how was it at the stern of the vessel?

Thanks. :p

Thanks again, I've booked my aft cabin on the Eclipse caribbean for Christmas, sooo excited! Terrible thing to wish this wonderful British summer away though! Next challenge is to find correct threads on this forum for more excellend advice.:D

• 2 weeks later...

Archived