Noisy Room

Brisbanelionsfan

I have just been given my cabin number on the Sun Princess for a cruise to New Zealand in November and it is over the Show Lounge, I'm a bit concerned that this will be noisy not only when the late shows are on but afterwards as well when cleaning up. Would appreciate any information from fellow cruisers

I have just been given my cabin number on the Sun Princess for a cruise to New Zealand in November and it is over the Show Lounge, I'm a bit concerned that this will be noisy not only when the late shows are on but afterwards as well when cleaning up. Would appreciate any information from fellow cruisers

I think the main noise you will hear is during the shows (including the late show) and during practice/rehersals at times during the day. I wouldn't worry too much about noise from the clean up, as it seems to be more the base from the music then anything when you have a stateroom over a show lounge. Enjoy!

If you post your cabin number, you might get a specific answer from someone who has stayed in your cabin. In general, you should try to avoid being over or under a public area. However, it is quieter to be over a public area then under one. The show lounge will probably be quiet by 11:00 - midnight.

Well, you do have the option of upgrading for additional cost if you are really concerned unless your ship is totally sold out.

What I can tell you about cabins at the front of a ship is that if you get into high seas, they can be most uncomfortable to be in. I was on the Celebrity Eclipse in May and the first full day out we went through the Bay of Biscaye and it was a roller coaster ride - where they closed all the open decks and I just went and spent the whole day midship relaxing and reading. It was not so bad laying down in bed - although we were rolling around a bit on the bed, but there was no way I could lie down and read in my cabin that day. On that ship, we were on deck 7 - one deck above the theater and we never heard any noise from there (which may not be the case on the Sun Princess), BUT we did hear the bow thrusters and there were mechanical noises and some vibration about 20 minutes before docking and as we departed each port that lasted about 10 minutes at a time. These noises and vibration didn't bother us particularily since we were already awake in the mornings - usually having breakfast and we departed most days around 6 or 7pm, so they didn't bother us then either.

Hey Paul, I didn't ask for a higher level of cabin, I thought I was getting an obstructed view cabin. Maybe the travel agent requested a higher level?

If you booked a particular category as a guarantee, you never know where you might end up. This gives the cruise line the option of placing you in any cabin, on any deck, in any location that they choose to as long as it is at least the category you booked or higher. ;)

Archived