Live from the Caribbean Princess

pixiedustdawn

Dawn - I hope you are still checking this thread. I was wondering how you found the tendering process. Did you use the priority pass given to suite passengers? Where did you have to go to get your tender number?

I'm curious as we will be on the CB next week in a window suite (for the first time).

PS - thank you so much for your wonderful "live" reports. I enjoyed reading your posts immensely! :)

Yes' date=' I still pop on and check this thread once in a while.

Our priority tenders tickets were in an envelope when we arrived in our cabin.

Just take the tickets with you when you go down to the tendering area, (no need to stop in waiting zones) Never saw a line for the tenders.

Princess did a very good job with the tendering process. They used their own life boats for tendering. Worked out fantastic!

Enjoy your window suite!!![/size']

This is the exact cabin we were in just a couple months ago. We loved the cabin and the wonderful perks!!

But we had some rough weather too and were told that the very loud noise was the stabilizers. I didn't particularly enjoy the noise, but was glad they were using them so the rockin' & rollin' wasn't any worse.

All that noise, and I would book that cabin again in a heartbeat!! :)

I don't believe so, because we had a really good comedian on our sailing. I laughed my head off with his jokes. I still laugh when I think about the things he said.

From week to week the ship changes. The passengers, the ships ambiance, the entertainers, and sometimes even the crew. My daughter and usually sail a whole month on a cruise ship every year and each week is a different experience from the last because of . We love it! I am so happy we didn't have the comedian you speak of. I really enjoyed the comedian as well as the hypnotist on this sailing.

Best way to beat the cruise blues is to book another. :D

I'm in the process of booking the CB for a B2B next October. The 4 day Bermuda sampler and then the 10 day repo to Ft. Lauderdale. You can't beat the price, even this far out. Wonder what Halloween will be like onboard?

I'm in the process of booking the CB for a B2B next October. The 4 day Bermuda sampler and then the 10 day repo to Ft. Lauderdale. You can't beat the price, even this far out. Wonder what Halloween will be like onboard?

Are you booking your b2b in the window suite??

I am so jealous! You will love it, and don't forget to continue this thread! You may have to dig it out of the archives though by then. :)

I have never sailed during Halloween. That is when school is in session. :(

I wonder if they will do anything Halloweenie? You will have to ask someone traveling this Halloween. Either way, you will have a great time!!

Enjoy!!

Dawn

Are you booking your b2b in the window suite??

I am so jealous! You will love it, and don't forget to continue this thread! You may have to dig it out of the archives though by then. :)

I have never sailed during Halloween. That is when school is in session. :(

I wonder if they will do anything Halloweenie? You will have to ask someone traveling this Halloween. Either way, you will have a great time!!

Enjoy!!

Dawn

Nope, no window suite. They seem to go as fast as the cookies on Princess! I am going to keep them in mind for my next one however. I'd never even heard of a window suite before. Guess I never looked that far.

I am excited about spending Halloween on the ship. My neighborhood is going to miss me though. I found out at a party last week that my house is known as the "Halloween House". Most adults love it, some kids .. not so much. I don't believe in a 'cute' Halloween. I'm more into scarey. One of my nephew's girlfriends dresses up in scary old witch costumes and leaps out from behind trees (I'm waiting for her to get arrested or punched). I have screaming heads, tomb stones and spiderwebs that are in the most unexpected places, cats and rats and huge spiders. So, naturally, I've already started to plan how to decorate my door and myself. I have to find out if that is allowed. I know you can wear a dressy mask, but I'll check this out.

I have been unable to cruise since 2003 due to the economy and job loss (two employers decided to downsize). I am hoping to get back onboard a ship next year. Your posts let me virtually cruise with you. I have never been to New England, but did cruise once to Bermuda out of NYC. I have distant cousins in the Province of Quebec (Cap Santé) and would love to meet them. I have been reviewing those cruises which go to Quebec.

Nope, no window suite. They seem to go as fast as the cookies on Princess! I am going to keep them in mind for my next one however. I'd never even heard of a window suite before. Guess I never looked that far.

I am excited about spending Halloween on the ship. My neighborhood is going to miss me though. I found out at a party last week that my house is known as the "Halloween House". Most adults love it, some kids .. not so much. I don't believe in a 'cute' Halloween. I'm more into scarey. One of my nephew's girlfriends dresses up in scary old witch costumes and leaps out from behind trees (I'm waiting for her to get arrested or punched). I have screaming heads, tomb stones and spiderwebs that are in the most unexpected places, cats and rats and huge spiders. So, naturally, I've already started to plan how to decorate my door and myself. I have to find out if that is allowed. I know you can wear a dressy mask, but I'll check this out.

Either go on the main boards and ask if anyone has knowledge of the Halloween sailing festivities, or go on the roll call for this year's Halloween sailing and see if someone can post when they are on the ship or return home. If it means that much to you, definitely check into it!

Wish I were onboard with you, I would definitely come to your cabin trick or treating!

I have been unable to cruise since 2003 due to the economy and job loss (two employers decided to downsize). I am hoping to get back onboard a ship next year. Your posts let me virtually cruise with you. I have never been to New England, but did cruise once to Bermuda out of NYC. I have distant cousins in the Province of Quebec (Cap Santé) and would love to meet them. I have been reviewing those cruises which go to Quebec.

I am so sorry about your job loss and inability to cruise. I am happy you were able to take a virtual cruise with me from my postings.

Definitely look into a cruise to Canada/New England. I did find them a bit less expensive then some others and make sure you plan it way advance. You will be able to get better deals and slowly put money to the side. You can also keep an eye on the cruise you chose in case the price drops.

Good luck to you! I'm sending pixiedust and good wishes your way!!

Dawn

• 2 weeks later...
Either go on the main boards and ask if anyone has knowledge of the Halloween sailing festivities, or go on the roll call for this year's Halloween sailing and see if someone can post when they are on the ship or return home. If it means that much to you, definitely check into it!

Wish I were onboard with you, I would definitely come to your cabin trick or treating!

You'd definitely get a treat! Wish you could sail on this one, too. Such fun, and 2 "Live Froms"!

You'd definitely get a treat! Wish you could sail on this one, too. Such fun, and 2 "Live Froms"!

We would probably have a blast!

I am booked on the Christmas NCL cruise from New York and Feb on RCCL down to the Caribbean. No free wifi, or I would do a live from on them.

Get some of those "cling on plastic holiday decals" they are easy to transport and no mess, but makes for good decorating.

Keep me updated!!

Dawn

Archived